Author Topic: How do you travel through states with non-reciprocity?  (Read 4191 times)

lfcmendes

How do you travel through states with non-reciprocity?
« on: February 17, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
When you are traveling, and cross a state with non-reciprocity, i.e. New Jersey, how do you do handle your weapon? Do you stop before the state line, unload it, and put it into the trunk?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: How do you travel through states with non-reciprocity?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
If you are planing on traveling out of state and don't have a permit for that state you may want to leave it at home or yes pull over unload it and put the ammo up front with you and the gun in the trunk. The best thing to do is get your PA and FL out of state permits and that give you coverage in most states. The only 2 states arround here are NJ and MD.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:48:04 PM »
After researching the answer, I found the NRA's site to be the most helpful. You can click on the laws you want to check out.
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

Another site to check would be www.handgunlaw.us
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
I do alot of traveling in Maryland so I bought one of those finger button safes and fixed it up in my car. When I go to MD or anyplace I can't carry into I unload it and lock it in the safe. Federal law allows for you to transport it as long as you follow state law concerning how its transported.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!