Author Topic: Call YOUR Senator!!!  (Read 1660 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Call YOUR Senator!!!
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:26:22 PM »
It's time to get off your ASZ and call your senator NOW!!!

Dave Lawson introduced SB172. AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 9, TITLE 10, TITLE 11, AND TITLE 22 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CARRYING A CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON.

Section 20 of Article I of the Delaware Constitution guarantees that “a person has the right to keep and bear arms for defense of self, family home and state…”. Both the United States Supreme Court and the Delaware Supreme Court have recognized the right of self-defense to be fundamental and to have pre-dated the formation of our country. As of 2020, there were over 18,600,000 Americans with concealed carry permits and 24,400,000 adults living in states where no permit is required to carry a concealed firearm, which is a 420% increase in the number of adults living in states allowing the public carrying of a firearm since 1988. As of the beginning of 2021, there were 18 states where no permits were required to carry a concealed firearm, 25 states that were considered “shall issue” permit states, and 9 states that were considered “may issue” permit states. This Act brings Delaware law concerning the carrying of concealed deadly weapons into conformity with Section 20 of Article I of the Delaware Constitution by allowing a person who is 21 years of age or older and not a prohibited person under either Delaware law or the laws of the United States to carry a deadly weapon concealed on or about their person for the purpose of defending self, family, home, and State. In addition, this Act makes technical corrections to conform existing law to the standards of the Delaware Legislative Drafting Manual and conforming amendments in other provisions of the Delaware Code to account for the removal of the requirement to obtain a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon.

I already texted my Senator.  Email going as soon as this is done.  Along with phone calls.

Are you tired of all the ANTI-2A stuff going on in our State?
NOW, IS THE TIME TO MAKE THE CALLS AND SEND EMAIL!

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Call YOUR Senator!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:34:55 PM »
My elected officials would never vote to approve this.  They would prefer we not be allowed to even posses firearms.  And we all know the chances of this getting thru this legislature.  But I will enter my approval with them.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 07:46:18 PM »
I just sent a text, email, AND called his Dover number.

As usual Bill, I think it's just you and I.

My guy just signed on to wear orange for gun safety too.  I should send him a photo of my orange shirt, "CRSO"
(For those who may not know, Chief Range Safety Officer.  I train RSO(s))
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

sprue

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 11:06:04 PM »
Say the SB3 and SB6 laws pass, and this bill also passes. Delaware would not need to issue CCDW permits any more and that would then cut off our access to standard capacity magazines and drums. The only other route for us would be to get FFL licenses.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 12:04:17 AM »
to get an FFL you have to be in business.  Licenses, etc., etc.  And you must make some money.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

sprue

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 12:12:02 AM »
Exactly. 99% of us wouldn't want to start a business just to have standard capacity magazines so that makes having to go through the effort of obtaining a CCDW permit all the more worthwhile.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »
The exemption for CCDW licensees is most likely just temporary.  They put it in there to divide us.  They will want to repeal that “loop hole” in a year of two. Too many will just say “ doesn’t affect me”.  Just like the “Fudds” who could care less about banning so called “ assault weapons”.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 09:24:48 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  We have them here. I've got mine so why should I do anything.  ....  Until it's too late.

That's why I am as active as I can be.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:28:23 AM by Radnor »

sprue

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 11:15:43 PM »
I think the case against the legality of SB 6 could be done in a couple of ways. The constitution guarantees us fair and just compensation for property taken by the government. If I have to turn in a Romanian RPK drum, $200 would be the market value of that drum not $10. The other one is that a magazine ban as worded outlaws all magazines since any magazine can be easily modified to hold more than 17rds.  I'm not a lawyer but that's where I'd start.

slsharp

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 01:46:15 PM »
I'm a day late and a dollar short, but what if we just let it be know that we will positively not comply with these two bills they are passing?  It is THEM that are tuning us into law breakers (retroactively).  What is legal is now not legal because of their ignorance and inability to enforce present crime laws.  We have that right don't we?  What they are presenting are frivoulous regulations.

sprue

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 06:23:46 PM »
I'm a day late and a dollar short, but what if we just let it be know that we will positively not comply with these two bills they are passing?  It is THEM that are tuning us into law breakers (retroactively).  What is legal is now not legal because of their ignorance and inability to enforce present crime laws.  We have that right don't we?  What they are presenting are frivoulous regulations.

When they did this in NJ hardly anybody turned theirs in.

slsharp

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 01:03:48 PM »
well, I have an idea: everyone that is NOT antigun order an 18 (or higher) round magazine for a gun you do not have.  something cheap.
Then email or call up those horses asses, and let them know what you have done.  and, if they proceed, they turn thousands of law abiding citizens into petty criminals.  And, oh yeah, come and get my magazine for which I don't even have a firearm!

Flood the state with magazines!  And let 'em know!

Guys, we have to do something besides call and email your Senator: that's not effective at all, even tho 'better than nothing'.
Simon