CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Renewal question

(1/2) > >>

Anaconda:
Hi all,

Both my wife and I sent our renewal in mid April. Foolish thinking I figured it would be back in time before our 5/31/21 expiration date. However, it's June 12 and still not here.

What are the common renewal times for Kent?

Since I mailed it in, I don't have a receipt (other than proof they cashed my check). I'm assuming I can't carry until then?

Thanks

Radnor:
1442 brother.

§ 1442. Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.

https://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.html#1422.

Anaconda:
Thank you!  I guess I'll keep a copy of my application with me in the glove box

Radnor:
AND the law.

Anaconda:
Thanks brother. Got it in the mail yesterday. All is well in the world again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version