Author Topic: New CCDW permit  (Read 6820 times)

Jzint81

Re: New CCDW permit
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 08:53:04 PM »
I ended up emailing them today. My was approved and signed by the judge on 10-15. The return email included a number to call for mailing status. I called and he said that they have about 200 applications to finalize and log into the system. He said they should be mailed out within a week or 2.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:55:13 PM by Jzint81 »

hickorydickoryglock

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2021, 12:04:22 PM »
I am in the same boat. I called them and they gave me the same story about being mailed out within a week or two. Specifically, they told me that my permit was approved and waiting to be printed, although their "system is down". I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm assuming either the printer or logging software was/is broken.

I also learned that Dale Broome is finally gone. Thank goodness, since she never seemed to be able to pick up the phone or respond to emails.

I've also gotten a few of my friends to call their respective representatives to let them know that the Prothonotary's office drags their feet. When I called Gun Owners of America to see if they could light a fire under them, they told me two things:

First, if Delaware had a timeline for approvals (example: 60 days max) then they could sue them for being late. Sadly, that's not the case because Delaware has no such maximum. 

Second, if the judges were the ones dragging their feet, they could fund their competitor's reelection campaign to kick the anti-gun judges out. Unfortunately, that can't happen either because the judges are appointed by the governor.

They told me to keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome from the big Supreme Court case starting on November 3rd. Delaware might have to face the music then.

Jzint81

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2021, 05:44:08 PM »
What day did u talk to them? He didn’t say anything about the systems being down when I talked to him. I have a feeling we’ll be lucky if we get them by the end of the year. I was checking the mail every day hoping it would get here. Im not the most patient person when waiting on something, but I’m to the point Of not caring now. It will get here when it gets here. It’s the state. There in no rush and don’t care. Just gotta deal w it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2021, 10:53:11 PM »
What day did u talk to them? He didn’t say anything about the systems being down when I talked to him. I have a feeling we’ll be lucky if we get them by the end of the year. I was checking the mail every day hoping it would get here. Im not the most patient person when waiting on something, but I’m to the point Of not caring now. It will get here when it gets here. It’s the state. There in no rush and don’t care. Just gotta deal w it.

Excellent approach, young (?) man. It's like Schrodinger's Carry Permit: until you open the mailbox, it is both in the mailbox and not in the mailbox.*
If you want to carry legally tomorrow, come on out here to southern Arizona. I'll pick you up at TUS and drop you at your hotel. (Not kidding).

*and yes, the legal weed is really good here, and I smoke a lot of it.  8) :o :P ;D
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

hickorydickoryglock

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2021, 04:45:23 PM »

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I talked with them on October 26th. As I said, they said it would be mailed within a week or two. Two weeks from October 26th = 11/9. So, I called them again on November 13th and told them I hadn't received it yet. They told me they make notes in their "system" and the current notes for mine said it was mailed.

As far as I can tell, a large percentage of people in NCC have been getting their permits on Saturdays. Since this week had Veterans Day (which means the USPS wasn't delivering), I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2021, 05:57:21 PM »
The USPS service is the pits lately. Never know when you'll get anything. I sent a check to pay my cable bill a little over a month ago. A week later I got a notice that they had no received it. I put a stop pay on the check and hand carried the payment to the cable store. So far the original check has not been cashed or turned up anywhere and the bank has tried to trace it to no avail.

USPS sucks!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Libertarian5

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »
Mine is in the mail too🙄 NCC Prothonotary's Office is just too slow for whatever reason.

Jzint81

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »
Mine came Wed 11-10. It was mailed on the 5th. So 5 days from Wilm to get to Bear. There is a Usps app that you can get called informed delivery. It will show you what mail you have coming before it’s gets there. I have pieces of mail that were supposed to be delivered last week that still haven’t arrived. The mail service is complete feces show, as is everything else these days. For all you guys waiting, just hold tight. They will show up. I know it’s super frustrating. I would def get that app, it saves you from waiting all day just to get pissed off. You can check first thing in the morning and see what’s coming.

Libertarian5

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »
It's official finally.. if you're ever going to go for a new permit save yourself time and frustration and wait until they're done with renewals...

hickorydickoryglock

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
Congratulations to both of you. I checked my Informed Delivery and it looks like today IS the day. I won't count my chickens before they hatch... aka before I have the permit in my hands... but I do feel a lot better.

Pennsylvania is next. Thankfully that won't take 6+ months.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 01:31:38 PM »
If you go to the right county for your pa ltcf, more like 6 minutes
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Libertarian5

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2021, 02:34:35 PM »
Looks like either Reading or York..

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »
Bingo!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.