Author Topic: Handing out guns in Ukraine  (Read 3842 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Handing out guns in Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2022, 01:48:33 PM »
Highways to Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania are open but for how long?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

sprue

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2022, 12:15:12 PM »
How is anything supposed to get there???  Putin has the country surrounded.

The Ukrainians are kicking butt. Russians have retreated from the north but have solidified their positions in the east. Ukraine is gettijg suplied through poland and each week getting more and more arms and equipment from nato countries while Russia soon won't be able to afford replacing lost equipment. This did not go the way the world expected.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2022, 12:59:01 PM »
Agreed.  Russian tactics totally inept.   Failure to close off resupply to Ukraine from the west shows lack of any tactical skill.  Ukraine resistance reminds one of Finland during WW2.  Determined motivated forces on home turf   

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2022, 01:24:26 PM »
Agreed.  Russian tactics totally inept.   Failure to close off resupply to Ukraine from the west shows lack of any tactical skill.  Ukraine resistance reminds one of Finland during WW2.  Determined motivated forces on home turf   
Agreed... almost reminiscent of the Vietnamese. Killing them just makes them angry.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2022, 03:49:04 PM »
I heard that Putin has changed General that is heading the Ukraine operation. The new General was ahead of the forces that went into Syria.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2022, 06:15:10 PM »
I heard that Putin has changed General that is heading the Ukraine operation. The new General was ahead of the forces that went into Syria.

That general was in charge of the Russian effort to capture Mariupol... which should have succeeded weeks ago, but has been a huge failure.
About 1000 members of the right-wing Azov Battalion are still operating armor in the suburbs of Mariupol, blowing up Russian vehicles, tying down and degrading the forces Russia needs to move north for their planned (and doomed) pincer movement.
The Ukrainians were secretly choppering tons of supplies into Mariupol every day until last week, when two of their choppers flew over a few lucky Russians with MANPADs and were shot down.

I think the Ukrainians is going to drive the Russians out of eastern Ukraine, retake all the southern territory except Crimea, and win this war.
You all know I'm a Godless Commie... but my knees are killing me, because I keep kneeling to pray that I'm right.

I'm old and fully disabled. I've met many of the 'senior' members of this forum: you're a fine group of people, but you're mostly old too.
Nevertheless, if the Russians invaded the Delmarva Peninsula and started shelling Dover and Milford, we would all fight like rabid wolverines.
(Yes, I would come back and fight alongside you, unless Tucson were also under attack).

There are 10+ million Ukrainian men aged 18-60... and I've taken Ukrainian women shooting; they're tough as nails.
Each and every Ukrainian now hates the Russians with a purple passion, and 15+ million of them are just waiting for helmets and rifles to kill as many Russians as possible.
Russian conscripts just want to go home in one piece.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:21:13 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2022, 02:27:38 PM »
The new General is know as " The butcher of Syria", that should give you a clue...
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2022, 04:22:34 PM »
Ukraine shows how a committed citizenry can with great success fight back against a more numerous and better equipped foe.    Remember the Finns vs the Russians in World War 2.

By the way, it is Ukraine, not “the Ukraine”.  Use of the article “the” harks back to a region such as the status under Soviet Rule.  Ukraine has been a sovereign state since 1991.

slsharp

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2022, 12:11:46 PM »
I feel like picking on Clarence.
So, is it not proper to say 'the' United States?  But not 'the' Delaware?
-Simon

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »
I feel like picking on Clarence.
So, is it not proper to say 'the' United States?  But not 'the' Delaware?
-Simon
THE United States is a federation of sovereign states or so yes you can say The United States.but not The Delaware.   This would also apply to an amalgamation of countries such as THE  United Kingdom but not THE England or The Wales. 

When referring to a country but not referencing its status ie:    The Commonwealth of Australia or the Dominion of Canada vs simply Australia, Canada or America

Ukrainian governments since independence have made an issue of this.

slsharp

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 08:20:58 PM »
Ok...now I have to have a beer and think about it.  I'm not ready to concede.  :D