Author Topic: Wardrobe malfunction  (Read 1420 times)

Packing_Nine

Wardrobe malfunction
« on: October 18, 2021, 01:21:11 PM »
I had a bit of an awkward situation this weekend. Near the end of Mass, as I'm walking towards the communion line, I feel something sliding down the back side of my pants. I've been carrying using an Alien Gear holster, IWB. I wear it on the right hand side, just past the 4 o'clock position. The outer belt clip had somehow worked itself over the belt, and now it was taking on a very uncomfortable cant. It was still anchored by the belt clip closest to the small of my back. I assume it worked loose while I was kneeling, and I neglected to notice until I stood up.

I've been wearing this holster for about five years now, and I've never had this happen before. This holster and I have always worked together extremely well until this incident. Thankfully, the retention was solid and nothing dropped out. I covered my cheek with my right hand, took a quick turn into the next pew, and discreetly made my way to the gentleman's room where I reassembled myself. No one at Mass made any comment. Not even my own family seemed to notice my unexpected absence. Word to the wise - always wear a sport coat where appropriate.

I'm not sure what to do until I can regain confidence with this holster. I've been wearing it for nearly five years, and never had a malfunction. I do use the "standard" belt clips which were supplied when I purchased it, but I'm thinking perhaps I need to replace those with the O style clips.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Wardrobe malfunction
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 02:03:05 PM »
You may also want to double check you belt as sometimes they get flimsy and the clips slip off. Good luck.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Packing_Nine

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:05:44 PM »
Well, I’m impressed. I’ve already received a phone call, from a real live human at Alien Gear. They are treating this as a warranty situation and sending me some replacement parts. It’s nice to find a company with that kind of customer service.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »
I have same holster. I was thinking maybe clips were not all the way down on the belt.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »
I have same holster. I was thinking maybe clips were not all the way down on the belt.

It is difficult to say for certain. It is not as if I have little to no experience with this holster. As I mentioned, I've been carrying in it for years without issue. All the same, you can wager I'll be paying more attention each morning I put it on.