Author Topic: Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?  (Read 1819 times)

SamMangoes

Re: Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 06:55:00 PM »
Uh oh.... it's not one of those "free boat" scams run by the police department when people used to steal cable is it?

Wait, you guys didn’t get the free boat letter too?
Ok. I think I understand.   You submitted without training.  You have been notified that you have been approved and must submit proof of training. 

You will NOT be immediately issued your license.  They will mail it to you sometime after you drop off the proof.

I brought the proof of completion for the class to the courthouse, she asked if I had time to wait and printed it out for me then and there. All in all I was inside the courthouse for about fifteen minutes, would have been quicker but I had to use the restroom first and the escalator to the lower level was broken.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 12:57:24 AM »
Congratulations.    You are first I ever heard of that got the license “over the counter”.

Be safe. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SamMangoes

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 06:17:51 AM »
Congratulations.    You are first I ever heard of that got the license “over the counter”.

Be safe.

I was surprised after you had said that I would have to wait for it in the mail. I admit I was a bit giddy when she asked if I had time to wait. I had mentioned to her that I’m at the beach for the summer and if it would be forwarded along with the rest of my mail. That’s when she asked if I had time to wait for her to print it. I also was already approved, aside from having the completion certificate, so maybe that had an impact also.

Regardless, time to train, train, and train some more. Looking to join the range in Bridgeville. Next will be going up to PA to get the PA CCDW, as well as Florida, and possibly MD.

You be safe as well, friend.