Author Topic: castle law  (Read 1598 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
castle law
« on: December 06, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »
Article in News Urinal this morning on "self defense".  We are apparently supposed to turn tail and run if at all possible.  I am sneaking up on 80 and there is no way I can take on a 6'+, 200lb + man.  Shoot first and let God sort it out.

It also hints of nasty legislation for the term to come.  All that do-do that they didn't vote on last term, +++.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: castle law
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »
Hmmmm   No one cares???
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Libertarian5

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 09:22:46 PM »
It's not that they don't care but Delaware especially NCC is almost a lost cause. I have my nursing license in both PA and DE and both ccw permits just in case the only option is moving.. I would love to see DE become more 2A friendly. Is supporting DSSA, SAF and NRA enough? I don't know. I would tell anyone in Delaware to buy ccw legal insurance that's for sure.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 10:43:19 PM »
Without those organizations, we would be in deep do-do for self defense.  This bunch in Dover would likely even outlaw baseball bats.

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Libertarian5

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »
Right!? Why are suppressors illegal in Delaware?? It makes no sense. Yet it's ok for criminals to kill indiscriminately with illegal guns and that's ok?? "are you serious?"?!

sprue

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 04:24:41 PM »
Can you link to the article? I'd love to see what was said and if they'd interviewed any defense lawyers from the state.

My understanding of the laws (I am not a lawyer) is that you have a duty to retreat if you can do so in complete safety. I think that's a very important caveat. So if you're cornered, pursued, chased, surrounded, or your attacker can assault you at range with a firearm, you can't retreat with complete safety. I do think you have to at least attempt to remove yourself from a dangerous situation IF at all possible and if you don't have any loved ones or bystanders that could also be harmed. This is just a way of preventing people from using the use of force laws to escalate the situation further. A lot of situations start out as arguments that get out of hand and we can avoid people dying by just swallowing our ego and removing ourselves from the situation. But if someone jumps out at you with a gun or a knife and they're intent on closing the distance with you, you may not have an opportunity to escape that situation.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 11:19:28 PM »
Not sure what day it was, but within 1 day of my post.  You should be able to find it on dealwareonlne.com

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

sprue

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 01:26:20 AM »
I tried to check it out. Unfortunately the article is locked behind a paywall and I'm not going to pay $29 to read it.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
I personally hate that rag, but it gives a good reporting of what nasties the progressives have in mind for us.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »
I dumped the News Journal in 2001 after they called on 9/11 trying to sell a subscription to their printed edition.
An intelligent, carefully crafted letter to the editor after the incident never received a response, much less made it to print.

Libertarian5

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 09:00:24 PM »
The fact that they make you pay for news is a joke. I usually reD first State update or WDEL for local news...

slsharp

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
Drudge Report used to be fun to read, but he's gone lib.  So now it's offthepress.com
If you haven't found it yet, give it a try.  I don't go to cnnnbccbsmsnbc et.all because they get paid when you click on their junk.
-Simon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 06:19:03 PM »
It’s amazing how much Delaware news you miss in New Communist County.  WRDE, WBOC and WMDT Tv down in Sussex are chock full of Delaware news. Cape Gazette and Delaware State News ( Dover) also.  The Philadelphia TV stations act like Delaware doesn’t exist unless it to report on “Brandon” when he is in state.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »
Del a where???
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits