Author Topic: Will the NRA survive 2022?  (Read 1189 times)

Libertarian5

Will the NRA survive 2022?
« on: January 01, 2022, 09:39:39 PM »
Will the NRA survive this year?  Should they be held accountable for the corruption in their hierarchy?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Will the NRA survive 2022?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 10:07:53 PM »
I was going to snap up a lifetime membership next time they went on sale, but now I realize it would just end up paying for a pair of Wayne's socks.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 08:13:38 PM »
Depends on if they can get new dynamic leadership.  Current leadership is mostly just feathering their own nests.  The money they are always trying to raise is for lawyer, salaries, fake polls,etc.  Shut down NRA-tv and much of the outreach.  Two years in a row shamelessly canceled the great annual meetings mostly because they fear a member revolt.  Much of the great legal work is being done by 2nd Amendment Foundation and others outside the NRA/ILA bureaucracy. 

All this. being said, DO NOT even think of resigning.  The heritage of the NRA is worth fighting for. Only We need LIFE MEMBERS stand up and fight back and annual members to stay on board. Let’s not let throw the baby out with the bath water. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 11:28:31 AM »
I believe it's still a membership requirement of DSSA to belong to the NRA. I believe it to be more important to send my donation dollars to them.

Libertarian5

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:59 AM »
Actually it's not a requirement for DSSA. I listen to Tom Gresham and he really doesn't think it can be saved due to egos by the leadership and the culture they created. I also think other organizations have stepped in and up SAF and GOA. I doubt I will renew by membership with them next go around. Save it for the people who actually are fighting for the 2A. I hope the can purge and rebrand their image but....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:54:35 AM by Libertarian5 »

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 03:00:56 PM »
Actually it's not a requirement for DSSA.
Perhaps it's oldtimers settling in, but I seem to recall that when I joined ~10 years ago it was a prereq. Just looked at their site and don't see mention of it now. Regardless, I'll still send my donations to DSSA.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 05:45:19 PM »
Irregardless how you feel about the NRA, please support the DSSA.  They are 100% all in to defend our rights and believe me all dues are put to good use.  We are in real trouble here and DSSA and Gun Rights Delaware are the finger in the dyke.  See the following from Jeff Hauge just received and consider joining and supporting financially:

LEGISLATIVE
SESSION

Happy New Year???

Yes, the new year is upon us and the Second Session of the 151st Delaware General Assembly is about to convene. Nothing has changed – the enemies of freedom have been hard at work conspiring to find ways to infringe upon your lawful right to keep and bear arms.   Senate Bill 6 and Senate Bill 3 are still alive and must be defeated.

Senate Bill 6 passed the Senate, was amended in the House and is back in the Senate for further deliberations.

Senate Bill 3 passed the Senate and is currently pending in the House.

Governor Carney, Attorney General Jennings, Senators Lockman and Townsend and their anti-gun cronies in the House and Senate have been working diligently to garner support for BOTH Senate Bills 3 and 6, while others, including Wilmington’s Mayor Purzycki, have been calling for a ban on constitutional “open carry”.

And the beat goes on – -- the fight continues and we need your help!

And to make matters worse, the “rumor mill” tells us that Governor Carney is once again working with the President Pro-Tempore, Sen. David Sokola, to again use COVID as an excuse to bar realistic public participation in the legislative process – just like they did before.

Don’t let them do it – call Senator Sokola today and tell him to respect our beloved Delaware Bill of Rights and to leave Legislative Hall open to the public – all of the public, not just their selected friends. Delaware’s Constitution is clear – you have the right to participate in the legislative process – don’t let them take that from you, again.

Senator Sokola’s number in Dover is 302-744-4139. Sen. Soloka’s email address is

David.Sokola@delaware.gov. 

ACTION NEEDED NOW TO PRESERVE AMERICAN FREEDOMS

CALL TO ACTION

STOP SENATE BILL 3
&
STOP SENATE BILL 6

Your Right to Self Defense is Under Attack – NOW!

REGISTRATION AND CONFISCATIION ARE THE PLAN OF THE DAY IN THE DELAWARE SENATE

SENATE BILL 3
UNCONSTITUTIONAL – SEXIST – RACIST – ECONOMICALLY DISCRIMINAORY – UNNEEDED – AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
 READ SENATE BILL 3 HERE

This very bad Bill would:

Require a permit to purchase a handgun – I guess they want us to use AR-15’s for defense of self, family and home
Each permit would be good for only 180 days
Require that the application for a permit be filed under oath and in writing – presumably in person – sounds like a trip to Dover
Require an investigation by Homeland Security – that can take up to 30 days – sounds like a 30-day waiting period – and there’s no penalty if they take longer, and you know they will –
Require fingerprinting – applicant bears the cost.
Prohibit felons, mental patients and others from getting permits – but allows illegal aliens from other lands to get a permit – despite being prohibited under federal law-
Require an extensive and expensive training course – every 5 years.
Create a searchable database and requires all information about you and your permit and any gun you buy to go into that database – that’s REGISTRATION
Require FFL’s to send copies of federal 4473 forms to Homeland Security – a violation of federal law – more Registration – and we know why they want REGISTRATION, don’t we… only one reason….CONFISCATION – see below
Allow Homeland Security to revoke your permit – without notice, without a hearing and without other due process safeguards – yes, you can appeal, at your expense – and by then it’s too late if you really need a gun for self-defense or home defense
Calls for Homeland Security to come to your home and CONFISCATE firearms of those whose permits are revoked – again, no hearing, no due process
Create a whole new bureaucracy within State government at taxpayer expense – (will this mean another tax increase?)

Senate Bill #3 is obviously designed to target the people these legislators hate the most, the working class, white male gun owner.

But the sad fact is that the true victims of Senate Bill 3 will be the very people these anti-gun zealots claim to protect –
The single mom, struggling to make ends meet working two jobs in need of protection from an abusive husband…
The disabled vet living on a fixed income in public housing…
The elderly woman living by herself in a transitional neighborhood in need of some method to ward off the drug- gangbangers and local hoodlums who prey on her and her neighbors as a matter of routine…

Not only does Senate Bill 3 violate the promise of the right to keep and bear arms and the right of EVERYONE to defend self, family and home found in our own Delaware Constitution in Article I Section 20, but because of its economic (and time-requirement) impact it is inherently discriminatory against the poor, the elderly, the disabled, ethnic minorities living in poverty, and women in general.

STOP SENATE BILL 3

SENATE BILL 6
UNCONSTITUTIONAL – EXPENSIVE – NONSENSICAL – DOES NOT PREVENT CRIMINAL VOLIENCE – DEVESTATING FOR COMPETITIVE SHOOTING AND HOME DEFENSE

READ SENATE BILL 6 HERE
READ THE HOUSE AMENDMENT TO SB 6 HERE

Before it was amended Senate Bill 6 was a complete ban on all magazines in excess of 17 rounds totally ignoring the fact that 10’s of thousands of 20 and 30 round rifle magazines are already owned by Delawareans and ignoring the fact that 20 and 30 round magazines are STANDARD for rifles.

Senate Bill 6 creates a government confiscation plan to be offset by a so-called “buy-back” program that (1) may not be funded and (2) if funded, would only pay $10 per magazine and (3) if there’s money, the money is capped at a mere $15,000.

The original Senate Bill 6 was unconstitutional – and they know it – and don’t care!

Violates: Second Amendment of the US Constitution – Article I Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution – violates the “takings clauses of both the US and Delaware Constitutions – violates Due Process requirements under both Constitutions.

The original Senate Bill 6 would have devastated the competitive shooting community and the home defense community.

But the House amended the original bill, removing many of the unconstitutional provisions. The amended version of Senate Bill 6 is still a bad bill, but it is much better than the original bill.

Senate Bill 6 is now back in the Senate awaiting action. The Anti-Gun Crowd is pushing the Senate to strip the House amendments from the bill and send the original back to the House – the amendments they want stripped from the bill would protect the magazines you currently own from confiscation – the Gun-Ban Crowd is all for confiscation.

STOP SENATE BILL 6

CALL TO ACTION

Call your Senator and your Representative Today!
Tell them to:
VOTE NO - SENATE BILL 3
AND
VOTE NO – SENATE BILL 6

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Libertarian5

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 09:18:32 PM »
I absolutely support the DSSA and will continue to do so. I also support the SAF but I'm not sure if I will renew my NRA membership? Sad that I even have to think that way.