Author Topic: Semi Auto Ban Decision  (Read 733 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Semi Auto Ban Decision
« on: November 03, 2022, 11:53:41 AM »
WRDE-TV ( NBC Rehoboth) Reported on the evening news that a decision on the semi auto ban is expected next week.  Also interviewed Jeff Hauge from DSSA and indicated that a restraining order is being sought to stop the planned +17 round mag “buy back”.    ( how they can ‘buy back’ something they never owned is beyond me)

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Seth

Re: Semi Auto Ban Decision
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 03:00:49 PM »
I can't wait for this brilliant law to be repealed. You better believe I am buying more lowers as soon as it is.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 03:18:49 PM »
Lowers in and of themselves are not banned.  Putting together a functioning semi-auto with a detachable magazine is.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »
https://www.wrde.com/news/delaware-state-sportsmens-association-suing-over-gun-ownership-age-restriction/video_c491e54e-850b-537b-a959-b2864bfbcf96.html

Here is link to WRDE / Coast TV segment. Anchorwoman Madeline Overturf’s comments about the semi auto ban decision was not included. 

Unfortunately folks in New Communist County don’t get much Delaware news as their TV comes from Philadelphia.

I guess the young lady that supports the age restriction has not read the Bruen decision.  No longer can gun laws be “means tested” by pointing out what MIGHT happen.  Rather they must an historical analog.  Good luck with that. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:32:03 PM by Clarence »

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »
I've been checking the U.S. District Court's opinions page daily and haven't seen an opinion and order yet.