Author Topic: DELAWARE SENATE BILL 172 (CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY)VOTED DOWN  (Read 1648 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
DELAWARE SENATE BILL 172 (CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY)VOTED DOWN
« on: January 13, 2022, 04:51:24 PM »
The Senate bill to make Delaware a "Constitutional Carry State" along with 22+ other states was squashed by the Dumbocrats yesterday,  Jan. 12, 2022. The bill would concell the need of a Concealed Carry Permit in the State of Delaware, in lieu allowing concealed carry under the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: DELAWARE SENATE BILL 172 (CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY)VOTED DOWN
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 06:08:33 PM »
Ummmm..   I could be wrong, but I don't know if it was voted on.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 09:35:03 PM »
According to article on front page of todays DSN it is history.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 12:31:51 AM »
https://baytobaynews.com/stories/bill-to-eliminate-concealed-carry-permits-in-delaware-falls-short-in-committee,68428

DOVER — Proposed legislation to eliminate the need for a permit for a concealed carry deadly weapon drew widespread reactions during the Delaware Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on Wednesday.

The committee heard from the public along with its own members for more than an hour via Zoom, then departed to decide whether to affirm or deny the legislation’s release to the full Senate body.

At the conclusion, however, there weren’t enough votes for Senate Bill 172 to move forward, Republican Minority Caucus Director of Policy and Communications Matt Revel said.

The law would allow a person who is at least 21 years old and not prohibited by state or federal law to carry a concealed deadly weapon, namely a firearm, without needing a permit.

Committee members included primary sponsor Sen. Dave Lawson, a Marydel Republican, along with Democratic Sens. Kyle Evans sexually challenged, of Brandywine Hundred, Brian Townsend, of Newark, and Sara McBride, of Wilmington, along with Georgetown Republican Sen. Brian Pettyjohn.

Among the supporters were Rick Armitage, lobbying for the National Rifle Association, and Delaware State Sportsmen’s Association President Jeff Hague.

Department of Justice representative Deputy Attorney General J.S. Taylor expressed opposition to the measure, along with Mara Gorman of Moms Demand Action and Traci Murphy of the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence.

During the discussion, Sen. McBride professed to have “serious reservations” about the legislation and cautioned that crime-related statistics cited by proponents might not necessarily be tied to the effect of concealed carry policies.

Prior to the session, primary sponsor Sen. Lawson explained his rationale for the proposed legislation, saying that, “Our crime rate is going up in Delaware and the prosecution rate is going down. People need some protection and this allows it.”

The process to obtain a concealed carry permit continues to be cost prohibitive and requires a lot of time, Sen. Lawson said.

“Under state conditions now, by the time that you take the class, fingerprints, photographs and all the requirements that go into it you’re spending between $400 to $500 just to get the permit.

“From a social economic standpoint, it’s a block, a prohibiter for people to be able to protect themselves. So those who are in high-crime areas are unable to avail themselves to protection because of the cost that the state takes out before they can even think about purchasing a firearm ...”

Sen. Lawson continued, saying, “New York had a similar concealed carry law that was struck down. Delaware needs to take a step forward to protect its citizens and this bill would allow that to happen.”
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Seth

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 01:23:08 AM »
But if they passed this then criminals could carry a concealed firearm!!! /s
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 01:48:53 PM »
So in essence,  it never even made it through the Judiciary Committee to be brought to the floor for a vote. Hence, it is dead.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 06:16:57 PM »
BS!  If we got off our aszes and made enough noise it would be voted out if committee.

Seth

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »
It is a shame there isn't a better outlet to keep up with these developments. I would have made phone calls and wrote emails for this bill if I had known it was a thing before it was shot down.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 10:24:55 PM »
The process to obtain a concealed carry permit continues to be cost prohibitive and requires a lot of time, Sen. Lawson said.

“Under state conditions now, by the time that you take the class, fingerprints, photographs and all the requirements that go
into it you’re spending between $400 to $500 just to get the permit."

“From a social economic standpoint, it’s a block, a prohibitor for people to be able to protect themselves."

Especially considering it is a uninfringed, GOD given, Constitutional right.

For me, this is an issue that needs to be corrected at the ballot box. We need to change who Delawareans vote for.
As soon as a few of these legislators don't win re-election, we will see issues like Constitutional Carry become law.

Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

Oblio

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 12:28:46 AM »
The point of government permits is to limit governmental liabilities.  A constitutional carry approach removes all liability from the state.  This point should be a no-brainer for the state.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 11:54:02 AM »
It is a shame there isn't a better outlet to keep up with these developments. I would have made phone calls and wrote emails for this bill if I had known it was a thing before it was shot down.

Delaware Gun Rights on Facebook and Delaware State Sportsman’s Association (DSSA) are the best outlets. 

This forum is an excellent resource if more people would participate instead of “lurking”
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

slsharp

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 03:12:29 PM »
Oblio,
how do "government permits" limit governmental liabilities? I've never heard that before...
Simon