Author Topic: Canik  (Read 2663 times)

sprue

Canik
« on: January 20, 2022, 07:54:13 PM »
I took my Canik and the HK to the range on Monday and my takeaway from that trip was that the Canik is still the best gun for me. With the trigger on the canik I'm getting much tighter shot groups and quicker follow up shots. Out of the box it's also more reliable than the HK which still hasn't gotten through the break in period. So the Canik is back to being my EDC. My thoughts now are on whether or not I should swap over the red dot from the HK or put some night sights on it.

I think it's safe to say now that I'm a Canik fanboy but I'm always on a quest to find the best trigger.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Canik
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 09:32:10 PM »
Why would you ask some stranger on what to do with your guns??  You are the only one to use it, most likely, so do what you prefer.  Many of us have guns, and favorite guns.  Guess which gets the better equipment.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

sprue

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 10:51:01 PM »
Why would you ask some stranger on what to do with your guns?? 

I like talking about guns and some people out there might have more experience than I do with the various sights on the market.

slsharp

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 11:37:18 AM »
I have a Taurus G3c, and can't hide the broadside of a barndoor with it.  Probably because I haven't practiced enough!
Regards,
Simon

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 12:20:42 PM »
What works for one may not work for others.  By all means, get opinions, read up,  but you have to decide.  My eyes are getting old. I have trouble with some sights, so red dots, scopes, etc., help me.  But they tend to be more bulky and can slow defensive measures.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

slsharp

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »
My eyes are getting old also- I might just practice draw-fire like the cowboys do in the movies.  They rarely miss!
-Simon

Libertarian5

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
Still looking for my perfect EDC. Currently it's between a Taurus G2c which is the most comfortable carry almost forget I have it on but the trigger sucks and it's not ambi. My Ruger American Compact shoots great and is ambi but bulky and not comfortable. So, Im stuck between the hkp30sk, Glock 26 or the Kimber mako r7. Leaning towards Kimber because of the optic ready feature
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:57:58 AM by Libertarian5 »

sprue

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 04:41:42 AM »
So size is a high priority for you. I might look into a hellcat or similar size when the weather gets too warm but for now I'll keep the 18+1 capacity or maybe lose enough weight to appendix carry comfortably  ;D

Anything that's optics ready is great and is now a feature that I'm always looking for even if I don't put one on. I am finding with my Canik that sometimes a shirt or jacket will snag on the optic slowing down the draw.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 03:11:27 PM »
My eyes are getting old also- I might just practice draw-fire like the cowboys do in the movies.  They rarely miss!
-Simon

Like you say, it's a movie, it's not real....
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

slsharp

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
Also not real is "hollywood" in general- most actors and "hollywood elites" are anti-gun, yet they sure love to shoot everyone in sight!
Case in point that A-hole Alex Baldwin.
What a bunch of hypocrites!!
Makes me laugh everytime one of them pulls out a gun.
-Simon

Libertarian5

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »
So size is a high priority for you.
Absolutely. I actually looked at the Canik tp9sc elite but was surprised how big it was. Im not a small guy 6 ft 200 I'm probably going to go with the Kimber r7 mako for size and all the reviews say how accurate the gun is from a good distance and being in my 50s my eye sight isn't going to get any better 😂

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 03:22:13 PM »
A lot of these Hollywood elites like guns.   They just don’t want you and I to have them.   Note that before Baldwin shot that woman they were using that gun for plinking out in the desert.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:06:49 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 12:08:49 PM »
So size is a high priority for you.
Absolutely. I actually looked at the Canik tp9sc elite but was surprised how big it was. Im not a small guy 6 ft 200 I'm probably going to go with the Kimber r7 mako for size and all the reviews say how accurate the gun is from a good distance and being in my 50s my eye sight isn't going to get any better 😂

Go with whatever you shoot BEST.  Don't worry about size of gun.  The only gun(s) I've carried are .45(s).  A short time it was the 1911.  For MANY YEARS it's been a double stack 45.  The public is CLUELESS with their faces stuck in their phones.

I helped a friend with a class he put on.  I finger printed 16 or so people.  So ALL were within arms length of me. Late in the day there was discussion of I need this cause it's small or I need that....  I let the discussion go on for a while then spoke up and said....  "ALL of you were within an arms length of me.  Raised my shirt and exposed my FNX 45 (double stack)"  Ended the conversation of I need small.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:13:25 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

sprue

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 07:53:09 PM »
@radnor How do you carry in the summer time and what do you normally where? I was thinking I might have to get some specialized shorts or pants since I don't have a lot of loose fitting tops.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 10:27:15 PM »
normally wear xl.  have 2x for carry.  pants 1 size larger (IWB).
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.