Author Topic: .30 Super Carry took me back to the Dade County FBI Shootout  (Read 1220 times)

DelawareGold

• We the People
.30 Super Carry took me back to the Dade County FBI Shootout
« on: March 17, 2022, 06:36:12 PM »
I was watching a few video's last night about the .30 Super Carry, and I sort of needed to
remind myself why I carry .357 Sig, and .40 S&W. So I went back and watched the story of
the Dade County FBI Shootout. I'm sure you all know the story, so I'll cut right to the chase.
The FBI, shooting .38 specials, and 9mm, it took 11 hits to one of the suspects, and 6 to the
other to end the shootout. Both suspects were still in the fight with one being hit 10 times,
and the other hit 5 times. 147 rounds were fired in the shootout. two Agents were killed, 5
others were wounded. The Investigative Report came to the conclusion that the FBI Agents
were under armed for the situation.
I needed a gut check, how about you?
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

sprue

Re: .30 Super Carry took me back to the Dade County FBI Shootout
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 01:20:03 AM »
Check out this story about Officer Gramins. He shot a guy 14 times in total with a .45 and the guy wasn't out of the fight until he finally connected with 4 head shots. Everyone I know swears a .45 has more stopping power than a 9mm and I'm not disagreeing with that but sometimes the only thing that is going to save your life is really good aim. What this story tells me is that some people just have so much fight in them that they can fight well past receiving fatal gun shot wounds. https://www.police1.com/officer-shootings/articles/why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 02:52:17 AM »
Thanks so much for that link! 17 rounds of .45 Speer Gold Dots to
drop a suspect. Unbelievable, except that it's true. Another gut check.
I also download my magazine 1 round, and carry a second magazine
on my belt. Never in a million years would I believe that this wouldn't
be sufficient for any situation. Until now.
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 04:29:31 PM »
Knowing about that shootout saved my stepson's life in Iraq.
Before the invasion, he told me that tank drivers were not issued rifles, so I sent him two 30-round mags for his Beretta.

When he got back, he told me, "The first battle, I shot a Fedayeen in center-of-mass with 9mm ball, and it just [urinated] him off."
"What did you do?" I asked.
"I had one of your 30s in the pistol, so I shot that motherf***er 29 more times. Calmed him right down."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

sprue

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 08:15:41 PM »
Garand Thumb did some reviews on 44 magnums last week. That's always something to consider. Instead of going with more shots go bigger! I just ordered a Taurus 608. I know it's just a 357 but 700 Ftlb of energy should be enough right?