Author Topic: My first ever GLOCK  (Read 1204 times)

sprue

My first ever GLOCK
« on: March 17, 2022, 06:02:39 AM »
I picked up a G48 so that I could participate in some GLOCK only shooting competitions. Couple of things I like about it. Really slim grip. I can really wrap my hand around it unlike some of the other glocks. The grip feels better too. Normally I'd be against a gun that only has 10 rounds when there's so much out there that carries, 15, 17, 18+ rounds but the guys at the shop showed me a 15 rd aftermarket magazine and that sold it for me. It's very slim and that makes a big difference in printing. Today I wanted to go hiking and my normal EDC was hitting my backpack making the usual IWB very uncomfortable and conspicuous looking but the G48 with a sticky holster fits completely in my pocket where it becomes Schrodinger's carry. Gotta love those deep BDU pockets!

So far I would recommend it as a back up or secondary option when a full size with all the bells and whistles isn't an option. We'll se how it does at the range later this week.

DelawareGold

• We the People
Re: My first ever GLOCK
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:56:22 PM »
If I were going strictly for pocket carry, I might have chosen a G43.
The only pocket I could carry a G48 in would be in cargo pants, but
the sight radius on the G48 is a definite advantage at the range.
Practice good gun safety, and carry every day. ~Cheers
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 06:13:54 PM »
Your first Glock, but not your last.
I own three Glocks right now. None of them have ever failed to fire or feed.
I even gave my sister a Glock for her nightstand, because she liked shooting it... and I trusted it. My initial choice, for a gun that might lay untouched for a decade, would have been a revolver.
I remember a 4-day training class with four Glocks and several other handguns. After completing almost every exercise, the Glock owners would wait for one or more of the other guns to be cleared of a malfunction. None of the four Glocks had any problems firing 1200+ rounds.
For malfunction training, the instructor (who also carried a Glock) borrowed a S&W from one of the students... which stovepiped every 20 rounds or so, making that training much easier.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 03:49:54 PM »
I picked up a G48 so that I could participate in some GLOCK only shooting competitions. Couple of things I like about it. Really slim grip. I can really wrap my hand around it unlike some of the other glocks. The grip feels better too. Normally I'd be against a gun that only has 10 rounds when there's so much out there that carries, 15, 17, 18+ rounds but the guys at the shop showed me a 15 rd aftermarket magazine and that sold it for me. It's very slim and that makes a big difference in printing. Today I wanted to go hiking and my normal EDC was hitting my backpack making the usual IWB very uncomfortable and conspicuous looking but the G48 with a sticky holster fits completely in my pocket where it becomes Schrodinger's carry. Gotta love those deep BDU pockets!

So far I would recommend it as a back up or secondary option when a full size with all the bells and whistles isn't an option. We'll se how it does at the range later this week.

If you're using the S15 15 round mags for the Glock 48, I'd recommend swapping out the factory plastic mag catch for a metal one.  It's a simple enough procedure, just takes a little bit of patience to line things up internally.   For what it's worth, I swapped the factor mag catch on my Gen 3 Glock 19 for an slightly extended one from Tango Down and it took me all of about 10 minutes...it would have gone more smoothly if I had picked up the appropriate tool from Tango Down as well.