Author Topic: Detroit: Racist gun law prosecutions  (Read 808 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Detroit: Racist gun law prosecutions
« on: March 31, 2022, 01:21:17 PM »
Glad to see that some blacks are waking up to the fact that gun laws are being used to unconstitutionality deprive many blacks of their rights.

The former chief of police in Detroit James Craig had urged citizens to arm themselves in self defense.  Chief Craig is now running against gun grabber Whitmer for governor of Michigan.

The current police chief is going out of his way to charge law abiding citizens with non violent felony gun charges simply based on technical violations on how the gun was stored in a vehicle.   Remember two things:

1. Michigan is an open carry state
2. The procedures to acquire a concealed carry license in Detroit / Wayne County has been shut down due to so called “covid”.

See the attached article and hopefully many blacks and others will see how the system is being used to felonize otherwise law abiding citizens.   This by the same Democrats and “progressives” that claim to be their defenders.

I think the following makes a great case for Constitutional Carry.

https://neighborhooddefender.org/blog/new-data-show-dramatic-increase-in-arrests-and-prosecutions-of-black-people-for-carrying-a-concealed-weapon/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:26:25 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Detroit: Racist gun law prosecutions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »
By making it so expensive in time and $$$, Delaware discriminates against those in lower income groups.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

slsharp

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
Aint that the truth, Just Bill- of course, Criminals (being Criminals) don't worry about that!  Never ceases to amaze me, the stupidity of people that would penalize law abiding citizens in an effort to control the lawless.

But, being a solution guy, I would provide this guidance: "take away the Citizen Penalty for owning/carrying a gun, and tighten the noose on those that use a deadly weapon in the commision of a crime".  It' only common sense.

-Simon

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 04:55:55 PM »
Common sense is not something usually found in most state guments...
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith