Author Topic: Marijuana Lawsuit  (Read 795 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Marijuana Lawsuit
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEl9X-Tl7wts_QVwpHGsHUoqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowvIaCCzDnxf4CMP2F8gU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Here is an interesting lawsuit by a Democrat to stop the federal government from banning possession of firearms by users of medical marijuana.   

With marijuana being legalized in many states is it
time to re-examine these laws?

While personally not a user of the weed myself ( I prefer to keep a clear mind) should legal users be denied their 2nd Amendment rights?

While marijuana remains illegal under Federal Law, as long as it does not cross state lines or is imported, the Federal laws against it are not enforceable. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

slsharp

Re: Marijuana Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 01:16:13 PM »
This looks like democrat vs. democrat, as one side is gun grabbing while the other side is dope smoking.
I think I would side with the Florida democrat, as I have smoked plenty of the stuff in my misspent youth without shooting anyone.
-Simon

sprue

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 03:01:21 PM »
Alcohol is a hell of a lot worse than weed IMO. If you can be @@@@ drunk every day and still be allowed to own a firearm weed should not be a problem. I always thought this law was more about the drug war and having additional crimes to lock drug dealers up with than it ever was about public safety. With marijuana now a billion dollar industry that is no longer really an issue. And that imbecile promised to decriminalize it anyways so....

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 06:27:42 PM »
I agree that the so called “war on drugs” has been and continues to be a war on liberty.  I have no interest in smoking something that fogs my mind in anyway but if others want to, that’s their business. Absent any criminal act I don’t see how use of a substance can take away an inalienable right.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 06:30:02 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.