Author Topic: Max Reciprocity  (Read 1218 times)

Vig

Max Reciprocity
« on: April 28, 2022, 02:47:36 PM »
I just submitted my new Delaware CCW permit application April 8th here in Kent County. My goal is to be able to legally carry in as many states as reasonably possible as I travel A LOT for work.

When I took my CCW course I paid the extra $50 for the Utah add-on, that included fingerprinting/background check and photo, so the day I get my Delaware permit I will send out my Utah application. Then I'll be making the trip up to York, PA to get my PA license.

I'm researching CT to see if that's a possibility.

So I will have DE, PA and UT which means the only (contiguous) states I won't be able to carry in are: CA, CT, OR, IL, MD, NY, NJ, MA and RI.

Let me know if you guys see if I'm missing anything or know of a better way. TIA!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 02:53:12 PM by Vig »
DE, PA, UT, MD, NJ CCW

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Max Reciprocity
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 12:43:43 AM »
Connecticut is available by mail.  Non-Resident Application for Pistol Permit; Call for a complete packet which includes fingerprint card at 860-685-8290.

That’s about as far as you can go after you get Utah and PA.  You may carry in your vehicle in Illinois and if just passing through Rhode Island.   You can open carry in Oregon but not in Portland. ( loaded).

You also can get Washington DC but you have to go there in person take a class and register your carry gun.

Things might change if SCOTUS goes our way in June.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:58:33 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Vig

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 02:24:41 PM »
Good call on DC, I'll add that to my list. Not thrilled with having to register my gun though. Wondering if I have to take it somewhere or if it's done by mail, I'll have to do some research. 

I might be stupidly optimistic, but it seems like the tide is slowly turning in regard to gun control. Lots of left leaning people were a part of this new gun ownership surge and it seems like it might have opened up some eyes. Here's to hoping anyway. 
DE, PA, UT, MD, NJ CCW

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 07:52:12 PM »
Vig.  You will have to take your gun to the DC Metropolitan Police HQ to register it. i think you have to take your training there too but not sure.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/firearms
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 07:54:02 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 12:03:18 AM »
Personally, I would never go to DC.  The stench is overpowering.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith