Author Topic: A couple thoughts from this weekend  (Read 1264 times)

sprue

A couple thoughts from this weekend
« on: May 16, 2022, 08:59:53 PM »
After several news reports of Shootings this weekend, four by my count, I've had a couple of thoughts.
1. Following the NY supermarket shooting in particular, where an armed security guard was unable to incapacitate the shooter, I'm going to change up my target selection when I got to the range. If I'm always shooting center mass in practice then in an emergency that's where I'm going to aim. This would be bad against an armored shooter. It's also caused me to question whether or not I want to always carry 9mm. If I'm aiming at non critical areas like the belly and hips, larger rounds with more mass might be more effective than fast follow up shots and larger capacity.

2. The news outlets seem to be changing tactics following the push for more gun reform from the White House. It seems like every single shooting is going to receive extended media attention to create the impression that a crisis exists and things are getting worse. I don't know what to say about it other than be aware of it, and wait for the full story to come out before you form strong feelings about it.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: A couple thoughts from this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 09:29:15 PM »
IMHO, a 9MM over penetrates and may even pass thru.  Radnor likes his .45, I assume for its stopping power.  It is, however, harder to carry and conceal.  My little S&W .38+P only has 5 shots, but with the .38HP, I am not too worried about what is on the other side, it is small, light, and easy to conceal.  Radnor has 17-34+ shots, to my 5.  But if I miss w/5, I assume I am dead anyhow.  The bad guys are usually less than 10 yds away, but they think I am a feeble old man......1/2 right(OLD)
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 10:30:55 PM »
The public is clueless and paying too much attention to their phones to see my double stack .45.   8)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

sprue

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 12:37:15 AM »
Yeah, might look into a SAR K2 or other 45 if there are any deals out there.

slsharp

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 12:16:08 PM »
People are questioning why 'authorities' let this guy run free when he had threatened to shoot up his High School and had been hospitalized for mental illness.

It's almost like a false flag operation, allowing this to happen so as to have an excuse to 'control' guns....this has happened over and over again where 'they' knew about this or that nut-case and just him go until people got hurt.  Of course his parents (and friends) should also have stopped this.

There is the thing where cops can't arrest you until you commit the crime, but a threat against a High School should be considered a crime!!

-Simon