Author Topic: Semi Auto Ban  (Read 6390 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Semi Auto Ban
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2022, 01:12:46 PM »
It’s being reported that in addition to the AWB, Mag ban, age limit and background check that a bill will be introduced to “ ban the use of devices that could make handguns fully automatic”. 

What the heck is that?   I thought machine guns were already banned in Delaware.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2022, 01:25:13 PM »
As I've said before, I see no need for and AR-15. Most semi-automatic hunting rifles will do the same job. I think it is just a thing that guys want to live a fantasy of looking "Macho" and "Tactical". Most hunting rifles are available with larger magazines from some sources.
Just my opinion, and I see opinions are still Constitutional.......

What does “need” have to do with it?  I don’t hunt so I don’t “need” a hunting rifle. 

I remember when I was about 18 (50+ years ago) and had an M1 Carbine with a retractable stock and a 30 round “banana” magazine.  I was at a range and a couple of old “Fudds” looked at it and said “Why do you NEED that”.

Fast forward to 2022 and I see some young guys at the range with AR type guns all tricked out with rails and decals and stuff.  I thought to myself “why do they NEED that?”.    And then I realized.  I don’t want to be that Fudd. We have to stand together. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:19:45 PM by Clarence »

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2022, 11:01:20 PM »
a recent poll suggests that the public believes a guy that has trouble stringing words together in a sentence, over logic.  MING BOGGLING!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2022, 01:21:51 PM »
Protest do little to change politicians minds. It only makes the protesters feel good for a little while, and the politicians do what they intended all along. Your only hope is to vote them out of office, and convince others to do the same.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2022, 04:13:36 PM »
WRONG.  We did stop Bills before.

Remember one time 40 were for the bill, 400 against and it made them look at the bill.

But if that works for you,  others can do the lifting for you. Just remember to thank them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:16:51 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2022, 07:11:27 PM »
Believe you me if these politicians don’t see any opposition they will ram anything through.  It’s only because they see the intensity of the opposition that they sometimes will think twice.

Let’s have a big turnout on Wednesday!!!

Seth

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2022, 08:30:13 PM »
I wish you all success on Wednesday. I would like to go, but my work schedule just won't allow me. I will be praying for you all!
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 11:59:04 PM »
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2022, 08:17:40 PM »
HB450 & 451 voted out of committee today.

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2022, 03:37:45 AM »
It looks like the marching orders have been issued, and are being followed.
Litigation will be the only resolution. The only question I have is how long
the appeal process will take.
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2022, 10:39:23 PM »
Well for all those who sat back and smugly said “my gun is not on the list”.   Guess what? Your guns are banned too.

See the amendment that they stuck in at the last minute:

https://files.constantcontact.com/b7141e40301/1b692bcf-9ebd-4dfe-8eca-30770d1363dd.pdf

All semi auto rifles that have a detachable magazine are now to be banned.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 04:49:24 AM by Clarence »

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2022, 11:19:10 PM »
Not sure, but I think my Garand is exempt??  Guaranteed it is a weapon of war!!!   Longer than 30" overall, holds 8 rounds, non-detachable.  But not much else that I own.  Not sure what a pistol grip is???  I see the Supreme Court in our future.  Something about "...shall not be infringed."

NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2022, 12:40:19 AM »
See this from DSSA.  I don’t know why we are surprised when they use underhanded tactics.  They are liars through and through

ACTION
ALERT

“BAN THEM ALL!”
HB 450

In one of the most underhanded moves ever seen in a House known for its double-dealing, House Majority Leader Valerie Longhurst pulled a fast one that rivals any in the history of Delaware Legislative politics.

Longhurst is the Prime Sponsor of HB 450, the Semi-Auto Ban.
She also chaired Wednesday’s “hearing” of the House Administration Committee that made a mockery of the legislative, free speech process when she limited witnesses wanting to testify against the Ban to one minute and the entire hearing to 90 minutes. Even with public comment 5 to 1 against the bill, the Democratic members, following her iron-fisted command, voted to send HB 450 to the floor of House where the skids had been greased for it to be heard on an expedited basis the very next day.

Speaker Pete Schwarzkopf and Majority Whip Larry Mitchell, two retired cops, aided and abetted Longhurst’s sordid plan.

Now for the slight of hand political shenanigans. At 11:28 am on the same day the Bill was to be heard at 2:00 pm, Majority Leader Longhurst released House Amendment 1 to HB 450 for the public to see for the very first time, surprising even her own far-left allies.
House Bill 450 can be read here. House Amendment 1 to House Bill 450 can be read here.

House Amendment 1 to House Bill 450 dramatically changed the definitions pertaining to rifles and shotguns and pistols that she would see banned in Delaware.

Longhurst’s last-minute, secret amendment effectively bans all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines - all of them – all of them!
Don’t believe it? Read Lines 2-6 of the Amendment.

It also bans a whole new group of shotguns and a whole new group of pistols, and will effectively put many, if not all, Delaware Firearms Dealers out of business.

HOUSE BILL 450, WITH HOUSE AMENDMENT 1 ATTACHED, PASSED THE HOUSE ON A VOTE OF 22-19, AND IS NOW ON ITS WAY TO THE SENATE.

CALL TO ACTION

With the Amendment attached, House Bill 450 is now the most far-reaching gun ban bill anywhere in the country, and it is now in the Delaware Senate ready for action as early as Tuesday, June 14, 2022 – ironically Flag Day.

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD

Call your State Senator and tell him or her to vote “NO” on House Bill 450.

Write, text, email, facebook, tweet, talk to them in person and tell them that you know what Majority Leader Longhurst did and tell them to punish Longhurst for her evil acts by voting “NO” on House Bill 450.

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT – NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD IN THE DELAWARE SENATE.

Remind your Senators of the oaths they took and the Constitution that protects your right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes.
Tell them that you can forgive many things in a politician, but you can never forgive – or forget – a politician who ignores their oath of office and disrespects the rights of law-abiding citizens like you.
Remind them that they don’t work for Joe Biden, or John Carney, or Majority Leader Longhurst, or President Pro Tempore Dave Sokola, or the DNC – remind them they work for you and the other law-abiding citizens of the State of Delaware.

Tell them to do their job and VOTE “NO” on HB 450.

And tell them that you will support DSSA when it goes to court to challenge this blatantly unconstitutional and tyrannical attempt to disarm law-abiding Delawareans.

CONTACT INFORMATION FOR YOUR STATE SENATOR MAY BE FOUND HERE

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED – NOW!

Never in the past have we used a legislative Action Alert to raise funds – but this time is different. The threat is real. This bill could pass. And if it does pass, DSSA must go to court to stop this bill if it passes. WE NEED YOUR HELP.
      We have already retained legal counsel. We are preparing – we will defend your rights. But you need to help too.
     Please contribute to DSSA’s Civil Rights Defense Fund. Every cent you contribute will go to pay legal fees, in either this suit, or in the next – and we all know there will be more.
       Freedom is not free – do your part.

Click here to donate – please, do it today
 _________________________________________________________________________________
DSSA is funded through memberships and donations. Lawsuits are expensive. The only way DSSA can continue to protect your constitutional rights is with your help. Join or donate today.

JOIN HERE!
DONATE HERE!

Delaware State Sportsmen's Association
National Rifle Association
Institute for Legislative Action

DELAWARE STATE SPORTSMEN'S ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 94, LINCOLN, DE 19960 - http://dssa.us

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »
For the Fudds who cannot find the Bill, lines 2-6.....

2 “a. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has at least 1 of the following:
3 1. A folding or telescoping stock.
4 2. Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which
5 would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger
6 finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2022, 02:48:21 PM »
Here is where the Bills stand.