Author Topic: Semi Auto Ban  (Read 6541 times)

Seth

Re: Semi Auto Ban
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2022, 02:32:09 PM »
Any thoughts on if/ when this passes and the grandfather clause,  but having to apply through health department blah blah for the certificate? It says that record of application is not kept but it stinks of registration

I have similar concerns regarding the certificate. Seems like a silly piece of paper if you are the only one who has a copy of it... Don't get me wrong I don't want them to know what I have; I am just noticing more holes in their "plan."

Seth,
I know a gun owner who is a notary (I am one too).  I was going to write up something like....

Presented to me on xxx by Radnor residing at .... the following firearms.
MAKE      MODEL     S/N

Then have notary sign & date it.

That is a great idea! I will look into doing that as well and suggest it to my buddies.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2022, 09:34:48 PM »
I did not see anything in there about antiques.  But it is a weapon of war!!!

As an FFL holder I had to listen to the new ATF/Justice rules for identifying a firearm parts.  My brain went numb after they said , good morning.   That new regulation will make your head spin.  BAD NEWS!!!   Everything  has to have a serial number.  I get a firearm are in with no number, I have to get it one.  It consists of parts of my FFL # and a number.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2022, 12:03:57 AM »
Any thoughts on if/ when this passes and the grandfather clause,  but having to apply through health department blah blah for the certificate? It says that record of application is not kept but it stinks of registration

I have similar concerns regarding the certificate. Seems like a silly piece of paper if you are the only one who has a copy of it... Don't get me wrong I don't want them to know what I have; I am just noticing more holes in their "plan."

Seth,
I know a gun owner who is a notary (I am one too).  I was going to write up something like....

Presented to me on xxx by Radnor residing at .... the following firearms.
MAKE      MODEL     S/N

Then have notary sign & date it.

That is a great idea! I will look into doing that as well and suggest it to my buddies.

If you want, we can set a time up and meet you (them) at DSPC. Will gladly take care of it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2022, 10:42:31 AM »
Not sure. I believe the C96 (Broomhsndle) is a fixed mag. I had one years ago and used to load it with a stripper clip from the top.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 02:22:31 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

sprue

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2022, 11:20:18 PM »
Not sure. I believe the C96 (Broomhsndle) is a fixed mag. I had one years ago and used to load it with a stripper clip from the top.

oh ok I was thinking of the M712 version. It had a detachable 10 and 20 round magazine but it was select fire.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2022, 09:38:16 PM »
`Thanks for the suggestion.  I now have a notarized copy of a list of all my firearms.  I had a list on my computer so I just copied that list into the form.  I used the following statement: 

Presented to me on June 16, 2022  by Mark S.Beam residing at "address" proof of possession of the following firearms on June 15, 2022.

The list had type of firearm (pistol, rifle, shotgun), Make, Model and serial number.  I took photos of the serial numbers for the notary to see and confirm to the list.  The photos had the date taken (6/15/22) printed on the photo This was what the notary needed to sign off on the list.

I have three notarized copies and the notarized list is saved on my computer.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2022, 11:06:07 PM »
Who was your notary?  Which county?  Are the photos necessary?

I think the orders from the AG office will be to arrest anyone found in possession without the state issued certificate.  We will need something if you satisfy a jury for “reasonable doubt”. The notarized list should do the trick.   Probably first one to get pinched will be some poor guy who decides to go to the state range at Ommelanden. 

Legal transport is real tricky and of course anyone who takes it out of state to a range  ( Avondale or North East ) will not be able to bring it back into Delaware as the law very cleverly forbids importation into the state.

Another issue is the transfer to a family member or via inheritance looks like you will need the certificate. 

They have thought this out well.  The target in this is lawful gun owners plain and simple.  As Senator Dave Lawson has said they hate you and all you stand for.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:20:10 PM by Clarence »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2022, 11:25:48 PM »
Who was your notary?  Which county?  Are the photos necessary?

I'm a notary and in NCC.  I'll offer the service.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2022, 11:40:31 PM »
Page 9 of 10
(a) A person who is exempt from § 1466(a) of this title under § 1466(c)(3) of this title may, no later than 1 year
from the [effective date of this Act], apply to the Secretary of the Department of Safety and Homeland Security for a
certificate of possession.

1 year to get it done??

sprue

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2022, 03:24:28 AM »
What I don't understand is this:

"completed an application, passed a background check, and has a receipt or purchase order for the assault weapon, without regard to whether the purchaser has actual physical possession of the assault weapon."

Usually you pass a background check when you pick up the firearm. How do you pass a check and not take possession?

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2022, 11:37:15 AM »
Good point.  The dealer would need to have the firearm in hand to start a 4473.  It would not be possible to have a Brady check done without the 4473
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:28:11 PM by Clarence »

slsharp

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2022, 12:30:19 PM »
I'm thinking (hoping) all this is moot.  This will be challenged in court and cannot become law because of 2A and Delaware's Constitution.
Non of us downstate are going to give up our firearms because this whole thing is upside down.
They drop 71% of gun cases?
Well, they can DROP THIS TOO.
When this does go to court, they should make all litigants pay Delaware Court costs for wasting taxpayer money.
Simon

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »
Liars.  Liars Liars!!!!!!

This bill (passed by senate 13-8 yesterday) has a financial statement attached. See this:

https://legis.delaware.gov/json/BillDetail/GetPdfDocument?fileAttachmentId=551779

The legislators who put this out stated numerous times that there would be no registration or retaining of identifying information with these “voluntary” certificates.  Read the attached as it clearly provides $305,656 for funding of registration, registration cards AND the computers to collect this information.

Either they are planning registration or they are fraudulently appropriating funds for such.

Governor will now sign this and this needs to be taken to court IMMEDIATELY. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:02:51 PM by Clarence »

slsharp

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2022, 02:12:58 PM »
So they are going to use taxpayer money to screw over the taxpayer WOW!!
I can tell you, no one down here is going to volunteer ANYTHING to these creeps.
Maybe this will wake up the 'ordinary' Democrat and vote these idiots out of office..
-Simon

Oaklandopen

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2022, 04:59:43 PM »
Still having an issue with §1467 (c) saying the secretary of the department of safety and homeland security establishing procedures for those that apply for certificate of possession,  having bought before the ban goes into effect.  It goes on to saying what the cert must contain:
Proof of possession before effective date
Make,  model,  sn
Name,  address,  dob, thumbprint of the owner
But then it says "... and any other information the secretary deems appropriate"

Does that mean (as mentioned in previous posts) that a simple notarized card with this info may not suffice? And if that's the case,  how long will it take that entity to determine what "other information" on this certificate is needed? What if i print my left thumb and they want the right thumb, or all fingers? What if it takes them a year to figure it out,  just in time to not allow anyone to get the cert because the grace period to get one is only a year?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:01:16 PM by Oaklandopen »