Author Topic: Try for md post NYSRPA v bruen?  (Read 4918 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Try for md post NYSRPA v bruen?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 02:17:46 PM »
Oaklandopen:

I think you will get it today. Tomorrow at the latest.  Rumor mill has it that printer was out of commission.  Maryland Forum full of folks that were approved early August that are getting their cards today.  Mailed 8/9
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 05:58:34 PM »
Oaklandopen:

I think you will get it today. Tomorrow at the latest.  Rumor mill has it that printer was out of commission.  Maryland Forum full of folks that were approved early August that are getting their cards today.  Mailed 8/9

I guess their printer is only used to like 100 a year,  not 10,000 in a month lol

Oaklandopen

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2022, 07:48:26 PM »
it's official, it came today (in the neighbor's mailbox  :-\). he brought it right over and left it inside the storm door

renewal for me will be early 2025

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 12:24:46 AM »
Congrats!
If I still lived in DE, I'd be applying for MD & NJ too.

(sudden realization) I just got back from a few nights in California visiting a friend... I wonder if I can get a CA non-res permit now?
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Oaklandopen

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 11:48:42 AM »
Congrats!
If I still lived in DE, I'd be applying for MD & NJ too.

(sudden realization) I just got back from a few nights in California visiting a friend... I wonder if I can get a CA non-res permit now?

california is not only making it even more difficult/intrusive/expensive to get the permit, but it will also be even more restrictive in where you would be allowed to carry. the list of places you could theoretically carry is actually less than places you can't. normally, it would be a short list of places you can't, like gov't buildings, schools, etc. not in cali. you might be able to take it to your mailbox and back to your house with what they are trying to do

imagine living in a state where all they had to do was change "may" to "shall" after the bruin case, and they make new more restrictive 2A laws

jersey is another place i would gladly go the long way to get around, so i don't have much interest in getting that one. the main states i travel to from DE are PA and MD. i don't have much business in MD but i do have family there so now it's a relief that i don't have to worry about that aspect if i ever have an interaction with law enforcement.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2022, 12:26:48 PM »
Congratulations. Sure its too early to look for an update on mine....   Feels like I'm waiting for Delaware again.....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Vig

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »
Took my 2nd day of class Monday and got my certificate today so I just submitted everything.

And now we wait...
DE, PA, UT, MD, NJ CCW

Vig

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2022, 02:28:13 AM »
Just for reference, I submitted my application on 8/19 and it was accepted this morning (8/24).

Looks like Oakland’s took exactly 3 weeks from this point. I’ll let you know how long mine takes.
DE, PA, UT, MD, NJ CCW

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2022, 11:13:32 AM »
Don't ya just wish Delaware was this fast.....
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2022, 12:03:12 PM »
Just for reference, I submitted my application on 8/19 and it was accepted this morning (8/24).

Looks like Oakland’s took exactly 3 weeks from this point. I’ll let you know how long mine takes.
If you go to the MDShooters forum /   Application Progress Thread you can track how these applications are being approved.  I submitted and got an acceptance the same day (July 18) my approval was August 16 and the permit was in my mailbox August 20.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2022, 01:07:35 PM »
Friend of mine who is not on here just received md permit
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2022, 10:12:56 PM »
i was actually surprised that i received my background check from maryland in the mail. needless to say, it came back clean....a few weeks after i got my permit

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 01:00:56 PM »
This thread dried up a bit. I'm assuming everyone who applied was approved?

Seth

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »
I submitted late and had my application accepted on the 30th of August. I still have about three weeks or so most likely.

Also, this is an interesting thread to follow.

https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/application-progress-tracking-thread.266788/page-354#post-6823605
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 11:31:28 PM »
Why bother??  They have outlawed anywhere outside your residence that is allowed.  I have no desire to go to New York, so not interested.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith