Author Topic: Maryland Non-Resident CCW Permit??  (Read 9277 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Maryland N0n-Resident CCW Permit??
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2022, 04:34:23 PM »
There was an announcement by the Maryland State Police to all law enforcement that any existing “Wear and Carry” licenses with restriction ( like while carrying money) are no longer to be considered restricted.

I know Delaware used to issue restricted licenses to carry but I have not seen that for a long time.  Does anyone you know have a restricted Delaware license?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2022, 04:44:27 PM »
Well...  I just applied to be a HLQ Instructor with MD.
This will be good for the W&C training.  Waiting for them to accept my application.

THEN onto the W&C.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2022, 11:46:33 PM »
ugh i've been trying to call the number provided from the hyperlink in the application and all 3 or 4 times it was on-hold music for like 30 minutes. i figured i'd waste a day and go to the walk-in site in baltimore but the address puts it in a shopping center and no actual building. if it's anything like dover i'm sure i'd be standing in line forever

I had trouble on the phone the other day but I did get a call back in about 1/2 hour.  When I started the on line application you are supposed to immediately get an email to confirm your identity.  It didn’t come so I called.  The MSP corporal  called back and explained that it was going to take a couple days for Google to upgrade their system.  About 2 hours later I received the email and was able to start the process

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 12:44:23 AM »
I never called.  I just read up on the  permit process, created my account on the website and followed what was needed in the permit steps.  I was able to save the application as I went through it so I could bring it back up later to continue until I was finished ans submitted the application.  Fairly easy.  Keep in mind that as a veteran I was exempt from the training course.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

slsharp

Re: Maryland Non-Resident CCW Permit??
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2022, 12:47:48 PM »
So, does Md. recognise the Training Course one took in Delaware?
-Simon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »
Doubt it.

For initial application they require 16hrs of training.
8hr on renewal.

Sure your de didn't cover it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2022, 01:51:24 PM »
How much money we talking about to get a MD. non-resident permit for a Former military applicant?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2022, 03:16:53 PM »
How much money we talking about to get a MD. non-resident permit for a Former military applicant?
Maryland permits are not resident or non resident.   The Maryland license is called a “Permit to Wear and Carry” They issue this license  to all that qualify irregardless of where you live.  The only change is that you no longer need a “good and substantial” reason.   That was what stopped most everyone from getting the permit.  You had to carry money or be under some type of on going physical threat. 

You are quite fortunate in that retired military are exempt from the training.  16 hours and about $300

You will need to go to a Live Scan fingerprint center. $50-65 and also pay the fee for the permit which for 1st timers is $75 for 2 years.

The entire process is on line as you will upload  picture, your DD-214 and the receipt for the fingerprints.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 03:48:04 PM by Clarence »

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »

8hr on renewal.

This begs the question as to what is done in the second 8 hours. Is it 8 more hours of range time or is it 8 more hours of listening to an instructor and watching a slide show?

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2022, 05:27:23 PM »

8hr on renewal.

This begs the question as to what is done in the second 8 hours. Is it 8 more hours of range time or is it 8 more hours of listening to an instructor and watching a slide show?

I’ll let you know.  Starting training tomorrow and I’ll post a report.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:41:15 PM by Clarence »

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2022, 07:43:39 PM »
As to the cost ---  I have spent $51.25 total for the fingerprinting and background checks and the initial $75 for the permit.   The final cost is $126.25. That is my total as I am a honorably discharged veteran from the USCG. 
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2022, 12:00:44 AM »
I don't know if anyone can answer this but what is the wait time to get your application "accepted" by the MDSP?  I think it may be longer than usual due to the increase in applications.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

sprue

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2022, 02:56:08 AM »
Exemption for Veterans is really cool! I just started the application. I'll have to dig up my references and get my live scan done this week.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
i just finalized and submitted my app after taking a trip to baltimore for fingerprinting. i concur with the previous posts on costs. $75 for the app, $51.25 for the state/fbi background check. submitted my DD-214 as well, so if it's all good i wish condolences to those who require the 16hr training. im sure it's pretty backed up at this point. of the maybe 8 people i was around in the waiting room i think 6 of us were there for carry permits

as far as the training is concerned i think maybe it requires a live fire on target and a certain percentage of hits to pass. i think for any civilian it's less than someone who has a "need" for a firearm in terms of their current job, like private security, etc. maybe 80% vs 70%, but don't hold me to that

there is also "no need" to call them for updates on your app status since they say you get automatic emails when your app goes to the next stage. as soon as i submitted i got an email saying as much

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2022, 10:49:07 AM »
I don't know if anyone can answer this but what is the wait time to get your application "accepted" by the MDSP?  I think it may be longer than usual due to the increase in applications.
I immediately got an email that my application was submitted.  Less than an hour later, I received another e-mail that said my application had been reviewed, accepted and that I will receive still another e-mail when an investigator is assigned.