Author Topic: DSSA Lawsuit Filed  (Read 1063 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
DSSA Lawsuit Filed
« on: July 21, 2022, 02:40:46 PM »
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/07/21/delaware-sued-over-sweeping-new-gun-ban-more-lawsuits-to-follow-n60646

The lawsuit over Delaware’s new gun laws has been filed.  The suit cites the Bruen case regarding the Second Amendment and also Article 20 of the state constitution. 

No idea how long it will take for this to play out.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: DSSA Lawsuit Filed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 07:58:52 PM »
This was filed in a Federal court so I would expect to see a similar filing in a DE court.  In addition, DSSA will be filing against the other unconstitutional laws passed and signed into law.  This will cost a lot of money so DSSA needs all of us to support them in their fight for OUR rights.  It's not easy for e but I sent $25 to them when I received their email and I'll be sending more when I can.  We should all try to do the same or we may permanently lose our rights.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

slsharp

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 12:09:47 PM »
I agree Mark B, and I do the same thing (donate) whenever I get their e-mail.
Simon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 01:30:38 PM »
At our meeting last night (Del St Pistol Club)  it was announced it's expected to cost 1.2m.  So we've got to dig deep and make donations to DSSA.

It was recommended if a larger donation,  do so by check. This prevents cc company from their percentage.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 09:16:46 PM »
I missed that meeting
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
I have a monthly auto donation but we will skip going out to eat next week and send a separate donation.

You would think that there would be a few liberty loving attorneys who would cut us a break.  Jeff Hauge explained to me that NRA-ILA will fund a portion and DSSA has to pick up the rest. 

Do not forget NRA-ILA as they are separate from the NRA and no matter your feelings about the current leadership, the NRA-ILA is top notch.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 05:54:52 PM »
It's hilarious how quickly WDEL took down the story covering this suit on their news page.  The gun grabbbers are everywhere.