Author Topic: Carry at the Delaware State Fair  (Read 1748 times)

Seth

Carry at the Delaware State Fair
« on: July 27, 2022, 05:29:35 PM »
I hate to bring this up as I know it is listed as a legally no carry location, but does anyone have a reference to why I legally can't carry at the Fair? I am looking to go tonight and hate leaving my gun locked up in the truck where it isn't doing any good.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Carry at the Delaware State Fair
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 08:30:06 PM »
It is called concealed for a reason.  Radnor suggest a shirt a size over normal, or an extra shirt, but a bit warm for that.  I have no idea why taht would be listed.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Seth

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 12:19:15 PM »
Yeah, my rule of thumb is I don't carry places that will put me in jail. Anywhere else I am carrying no matter what the sign says.
DE - PA - MD CCW

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 03:07:22 PM »
I hate to bring this up as I know it is listed as a legally no carry location, but does anyone have a reference to why I legally can't carry at the Fair? I am looking to go tonight and hate leaving my gun locked up in the truck where it isn't doing any good.
Where is this listed as “legally” no carry?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Seth

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 03:26:56 PM »
Where is this listed as “legally” no carry?

On the top post in this section. http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=110.0
DE - PA - MD CCW

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 11:29:54 PM »
Laws are what the laws are. State property are no carry. The law doesn't say "Unless you think you know better". It says no carry.
It's like the speed limit is 55 MPH Never seen a sign that says, "55 MPH unless you are in a hurry."

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

slsharp

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 12:32:12 PM »
The present Gov treats everyone like they are brilliant and inept, because of the 5% that really is.
Therefore, you cant have guns anywhere the Gov has any control, state parks being an exception because of a lawsuit.
Just an observation.  Hate being treated like a child.  You can't have something because somebody else broke theirs.
So do what you think is right
-Simon

Seth

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 12:54:24 PM »
Laws are what the laws are. State property are no carry. The law doesn't say "Unless you think you know better". It says no carry.
It's like the speed limit is 55 MPH Never seen a sign that says, "55 MPH unless you are in a hurry."

At this point in my life I have too much to lose to carry illegally.

I am just looking for a citation showing the law that says the fairgrounds are a no carry location. From my understanding the fairgrounds are not owned by the State of Delaware, but by a couple corporations. The parking lots are owned by The Delaware State Fair, INC and fairgrounds themselves are owned by Kent & Sussex Fairgrounds.

Can anyone help clear this up?
DE - PA - MD CCW

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 04:02:57 PM »
The list you are refering to is 13 years old. I don't know if it's current. Case in point it is no longer illegal to carry in state parks.

Seth

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 05:26:15 PM »
The list you are refering to is 13 years old. I don't know if it's current. Case in point it is no longer illegal to carry in state parks.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was hopefully that someone would be able to shine some light on if it is still the case for the fairgrounds.

At this point I went Wednesday night sans firearm, but I would still like to know for the future.
DE - PA - MD CCW