Author Topic: Post Bruen Motions to Dismiss Charges  (Read 704 times)

Oaklandopen

Re: Post Bruen Motions to Dismiss Charges
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:45:01 PM »
Yea that's tough.  Even "knowing" the decision flies in the face of licensing procedures the state is still saying you need a permit to conceal,  even if it's shall issue.  Just like in MD I just applied for,  they put out a memo specifically saying even though they can't enforce any specific reason to carry you still can't do it until they issue that permit

The gun control people, no matter what level or branch,  will always try something else to get rid of them and hurt normal citizens.  NY is the absolute worst offender of that ever since Bruin. And they know the legal system takes way longer than legislation. 

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Post Bruen Motions to Dismiss Charges
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
The next big cases will be to settle what is an “infringement”.   The Roberts / Kavenaugh concurring opinion suggests that licensing, training and background checks would be still ok but the main opinion by Thomas suggests Constitutional Carry which is now law in 25 states for concealed carry and even more (like Delaware and PA) for open carry.

Clearly the ludicrous New York law just enacted will not pass muster.  Remains to be seen how other restrictive state laws like excessive training hours or bans on public transit or carry in parks will be litigated.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:16:52 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.