Author Topic: Delaware Supreme Court  (Read 824 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Delaware Supreme Court
« on: February 20, 2023, 06:16:53 PM »
https://www.wgmd.com/notice-of-delaware-supreme-court-vacancy/

The retirement of Justice Vaughn is bad news for gun rights.

The landmark 2014 State Park victory was a 3-2 decision.  The court has a 3-2 Democrat /Republican
balance with 3 going to Democrats as the current majority party

Justice Vaugh is a conservative Democrat ( about the last of that breed) and will certainly be replaced by a leftist Democrat.

Remember the 2014 parks case that the dissenting opinion by Justice Seiitz had the preposterous  opinion that Article 20 of the Delaware Constitution was basicly invalid because its enactment in the 1980’s was supported by the NRA

Dark days ahead.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 03:33:04 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Oaklandopen

Re: Delaware Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 09:28:56 AM »
More and more delafornia each day. At this point idk if there's any coming back from it, not with all the new Yorkers and jersians moving here. Delaware may never recover from a one party system

And you can bet the next judge will be ultra liberal so guns won't be the only rights trampled on

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 11:46:45 AM »
This is sad news indeed.  I'd be curious who throws their hat in the ring for consideration for appointment to the Supremes.  To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any judges on Superior Court that are close to the end of their terms.  I can't speak for the Court of Chancery since I don't really conduct any business there.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 11:50:42 AM »
More and more delafornia each day. At this point idk if there's any coming back from it, not with all the new Yorkers and jersians moving here. Delaware may never recover from a one party system

And you can bet the next judge will be ultra liberal so guns won't be the only rights trampled on
We are seeing this big time.  All these new cookie cutter neighborhoods popping up and drive through and see nothing but license plates from DC, NJ, NY and Maryland ( Baltimore Washington types).   A previously  strong conservative. state senate seat in Lewes / Milton area went to the DemoCommies in the November election because of this ilk.

And they are moving westward across the county ( Sussex).  Wife and I joke that soon we will see a new neighborhood pop up out of a cornfield called “Gumboro by the Sea”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 03:37:05 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 05:52:21 PM »
Looks like Judge LeGrow from the Superior Court in New Castle County is being elevated from Superior to Supreme Court.  She was formerly a Deputy Attorney General before being appointed to the bench in Superior Court a few years back.  The other vacancy is being filled by N. Christopher Griffiths who is an attorney I'm not terribly familiar with.  In other somber news, one of the two vacancies on the DE Supreme Court was created by Justice Montgomery-Reeves' move up to the Third Circuit a couple months ago.