Author Topic: Delaware-slapped-federal-lawsuit-banning “assault longguns” & ‘assault pistols  (Read 2793 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Read about the SAF lawsuit here: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/11/delaware-slapped-federal-lawsuit-banning-assault-guns/?ct=t(RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN)#axzz7l2JVRixI

The suit says the law banning the "assualt rifles and pistols" is unconstitutional and violates the Second Ammendment.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Oaklandopen

Good. This court is made up of two trump appointees, one from Reagan, one from Obama, and one from biden.

I still think,  however,  these dolts are salivating over other states newly enacted laws like Oregon with their purchase licenses and want to follow suit.  Always trying to play catchup in taking out rights away while never actually addressing the problem

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
This is effectively the same as the DSSA suit.  I wonder if this will wind up holding up the DSSA decision with this being duplicitous litigation.  Then again, the court could exercise its inherent authority to consolidate these two cases as they are substantially the same in all respects except for plaintiffs. 

Oaklandopen

So the 2 cases were combined,  and I'm not seeing any litigation dates on the court calendar through late January

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
I kind of figured that would happen.  The Court tends to join related litigation in the interest of judicial economy.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
So, no new dates?   Thanks
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Oaklandopen

I've been looking and haven't seen anything through February

Oaklandopen

Just looked at the court calendar this morning

Friday,  February 24th there will be an evidentiary hearing on DSSA et al v delaware DSHS et al

BartExp

Just looked at the court calendar this morning

Friday,  February 24th there will be an evidentiary hearing on DSSA et al v delaware DSHS et al

Do you have a link to the calendar.

Oaklandopen

Ded.uscourts.gov page and click on calendars

BartExp

Thanks

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Looks like the evidentiary hearing in this case got bounced to Friday Judge Andrews' 9:00 AM calendar on Friday in Courtroom 6A.

Here's a link to the docket listing to date:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/45316051/Delaware_State_Sportsmens_Association,_Inc_et_al_v_Delaware_Department_of_Safety_and_Homeland_Security_et_al
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:55:28 PM by MarcWinkman »

Seth

Apparently this judge was born in the UK. Hopefully, that doesn't color his interpretation of the Constitution too much.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
I doubt it'll matter that the judge was UK born.  The Court is bound by the doctrine of stare decisis, so that keeps them from going out into left field...and no trial judge likes being reversed on appeal.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
I doubt it'll matter that the judge was UK born.  The Court is bound by the doctrine of stare decisis, so that keeps them from going out into left field...and no trial judge likes being reversed on appeal.

I’ll say it again:

Don’t tell me what the law is, tell me who the judge is.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.