General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

anyone tried to get that "grandfather permit"?

(1/2) > >>

Oaklandopen:
has anyone even tried to get that piece of paper that shows you were in possession of one of the banned items before the signing last summer? the department of health website doesn't seem to have any directives.

and any takers want to guess if legislation on bullets is the next thing delaware wants to copy from someone else? maybe they'll be unique and say they are implementing a bullet tax to fight carbon emissions, so you'll have to disclose yearly fired rounds come tax time since every round fired contributes to global warming

Just Bill:
WOW!!!   Don't let them read that, it could come in January, they would love that one.

Radnor should be a good source for that info.

Clarence:

--- Quote from: Oaklandopen on December 31, 2022, 01:06:16 PM ---has anyone even tried to get that piece of paper that shows you were in possession of one of the banned items before the signing last summer? the department of health website doesn't seem to have any directives.

and any takers want to guess if legislation on bullets is the next thing delaware wants to copy from someone else? maybe they'll be unique and say they are implementing a bullet tax to fight carbon emissions, so you'll have to disclose yearly fired rounds come tax time since every round fired contributes to global warming

--- End quote ---

According to the way they initially wrote the  law, you would have had to apply for that certificate back in June.  I seriously doubt anybody did.

1467. Voluntary certificate of possession.
(a) A person who is exempt from 1466(a) of this title under 1466(c)(3) of this title may, no later than June 30, 2022, apply to the Secretary of the Department of Safety and Homeland Security for a certificate of possession.

They did change this to one year after it was pointed out though. 

Just Bill:
Just me, but I would never submit anything with my name that was not required for tax purposes, then reluctantly after consultation with my accountant/lawyer

TwistedKarma:
I only use vegan ammo. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version