General > New Member Introduction

Thinking of DE

(1/6) > >>

Nomad:
Happy New Year folks.

I just joined your forum.

My wife and I are in the process of moving from NJ to somewhere a bit warmer. One criterion for our new home state is not having to kiss anyone's a$$ to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. As you may have heard, NJ and NY have both passed a bunch of laws that seek to neutralize last summer's supreme court ruling. How's the climate in Delaware?

1. How easy was it to get CC before the ruling?
2. How about now? Has it become easier?
3. Is your legislature attempting the same illegal pseudo-remedies as NJ?
4. Has the climate for CC and guns generally improved since the summer, deteriorated, or stayed the same?
5. Overall feelings about your state's firearm and CC laws?

Sorry for the laundry list, and of course you don't have to answer all those questions. I value the advice of rank and file much more so than any article or "expert's" opinion on this matter.

Sincerely,

"Nomad"

SturmRugerSR9:
I would recommend you go to a Conservative Republican, red state, with a long record of conservative elected officials. Delaware is definitely not it. Sorry Delaware, but you are what you are.

Oaklandopen:
1. Wasn't difficult for me,  but time consuming and expensive.  The MD process was much easier and they recognize veterans so I skipped the training course
2. My guess is the same,  but I'm only on my first renewal
3. Our legislature has no original thoughts and models most new gun laws after NY and NJ. Probably because most ppl moving in are from there and are tainting the system
4. Of the people I interact with they don't generally disagree with my having a permit, in fact a few of them ask me for advice about them potentially owning and carrying.  I think the "why do you feel like you need one" attitude has generally changed over the last few years.  Long guns not so much.  Hopefully the gun laws are what deteriorates via scotus
5. It's getting worse, and I only decided to start carrying in late 2018. My first gun outside of the military took me I think 5 years to get,  but have owned them ever since

Generally I'm hopeful these laws will get struck down,  but this state has been getting bluer for decades and there's airways something for them to do that will be passed quickly and argued against for years.  The 2 lower counties hate New castle,  and I'm starting to hate delaware in general but only because of the government.  Unfortunately,  most people can't up-and-leave as quick as rules are made

Clarence:
Advise not to move to Delaware.  Obtaining a concealed carry license is one of the most difficult in the country. (of the states that will actually give you one)   They require affidavits from 5 county residents that have known you for at least a year.  That is not a big deal to natives of the state but probably means you won’t be able to carry for a year.  Also you need to put an ad in the paper and take training, fingerprints etc.  Cost will be about $400. 

Just Bill:
As a native of 80 years, I agree with them.  Go somewhere more Constitution friendly.  Delaware is getting worse, not better.  I have considered moving but am too old and most family is here.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version