Author Topic: Christiana mall shooter  (Read 831 times)

Oaklandopen

Christiana mall shooter
« on: April 08, 2023, 11:24:01 PM »
Welp, I guess the mall got hit. I'm gonna go with something gang related but it's too soon to know at this point

Wonder if the legislation will swipe their pens at this and make more rules

slsharp

Re: Christiana mall shooter
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 12:07:03 PM »
This is why we carry.........

Oaklandopen

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 12:31:30 PM »
I find it interesting that on the Facebook post from 1st state update a lot of people were commenting in pro 2A ways.  Don't get me wrong,  there were still ones that were condemning the guns themselves but I think there was more support for individual carry and an overall understanding that the sign on the front door that says "no weapons" doesn't/ didn't work

Seth

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 08:26:38 PM »
It seems like the problem always is though that the elected officials see themselves as "all-knowing" and don't care about what the people really want.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Oaklandopen

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 11:31:12 PM »
I also wonder,  if the situation is how it sounds,  if even a bystander with a gun could have really done anything

If I put myself in that food court and saw a large group of people arguing,  and one pulls out a gun and starts shooting,  then chaos ensues, I feel like all I could do is take cover and/or run. 

There would be too much risk hitting a friendly in a crowded mall.  It seems like there was only a few intended targets so it wasn't an indiscriminate shooting situation like a terrorist event.  And after the first few shots the beef was likely over so there wouldn't have been any other imminent harm to others

The other thing to consider is if you're carrying and the police have to detain and question EVERYONE that was there.  How much of a hard time would someone get that's legally carrying at the time but they "shouldn't" according to the mall signage? It's not something I personally dwell on,  but how much would that suck to wait forever for police to have to deal with a legally armed citizen that was there during an active shooter event and no suspects?

This is why I avoid large crowds if I can and I certainly only go to the mall during the day in the middle of the week

slsharp

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 12:19:37 PM »
yes, if I see one party shooting at another party, I'm heading the other way (quickly)
sure don't want any part of that!
of course, if trapped, that's another story. 
I'm not as good as that other 'hero' pistolero in a food court knocking down a guy with a rifle from 40 yards.
-Simon

Oaklandopen

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 01:56:43 PM »
Even if "good guy" could have neutralized the shooter my guess is any lawyer could prove the shooter showed no imminent harm to "good guy" in the moment.

This is why context is important.  If I approach a situation where all I see is some person holding a gun to another person there's no way of telling if the person holding the gun is robbing the other,  or maybe they just took the gun away and is holding them for the police

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 11:30:33 PM »
Mall = GFZ.  Didn't happen....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.