Author Topic: ???  (Read 772 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
???
« on: March 20, 2023, 10:44:06 PM »
Awfully quit here.  I know there is a bunch of negative stuff about to happen to us.  Call, write, email, contact your genius elected officials, but don't call them that.  They feel energized since the midterms.  California east in spades is coming!!!  This is a one-party state, be nice but VOCAL!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: ???
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 12:20:36 AM »
Yep.  Too many sit around until it's too late...  Or do NOTHING at all.....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »
I check the legislation page fairly often but haven't seen any gun related stuff.  I remain hopeful the courts will get things right even though the process is ridiculously long.  We are getting wins elsewhere

Unfortunately,  until there are better numbers in the legislature they are gonna keep rolling through with their one-sided bs. And my rep basically responded "that's nice,  have a lollipop" when I wrote him about last year's bans and whatnot.  Maybe a better message to voters is that their legislation is causing tax payers unnecessary litigation money since they are all unconstitutional.  They probably get the same calls and emails from the same people saying they won't vote for them anymore,  and it's never enough to tip the scales

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 11:23:28 AM »
At least you get a reply.  I never even get the usual canned letter anymore.  I attend the quarterly civic @@@'n meetings with a couple of neighbors.  Our senator and or rep are usually there.  We get the usual, "I'll look into that" and nothing ever happens.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Oaklandopen

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 09:21:57 PM »
The original reply was confirming I was in his district,  then the cut and paste bs I expected from the bot he is

slsharp

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 12:33:04 PM »
Wanna do something? how about 3 billboards, one in each County, on the busiest roads with the following

WE THE PEOPLE
are tired of having dictators taking our rights away.
It is YOUR right to keep and bear arms without restrictions.
It is YOUR right to drive what you want.
It is YOUR right to prepare food however you want.
YOU get the idea.
This is not kindergarden. This is America.

maybe with a graphic of the Constitution behind it

Back that up with some air-time on liberal media
WGMD hosts would do it for free probably, but that's like preaching to the choir
-Simon

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 07:17:50 PM »
I would kick in money for that!!!  PM me.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

sprue

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 11:44:05 PM »
I've just been quietly waiting for updates on the AW ban. There's actually been a TON of positive news in the rest of the country in lawsuits against the ATF and in California. It's a very exciting time to be a gun owner in my opinion.

With regards to billboards I think they should be as short and easy to interpret as possible. Like a message to join the FPC or DSSA or this forum.
 "Defending yourself means Defending the Constitution."
 "Become a better Firearms owner. Join the (insert org)"
 "Defend your right to defend yourself"
 "Your daughter's ex just broke into her apartment. Do you think the police will get there in time?"
 "Black women are the fastest growing group of gun owners in America. Find out how to defend yourself at (insert org)" 

Anything that's empowering or a call to action that's not overtly political. I definitely support trying to expand people's awareness of self defense issues and their constitutional rights. The more we do to educate people about their rights and how to get active the more we undercut democratic support for gun control.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 11:55:08 PM by sprue »

slsharp

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 12:13:33 PM »
Just Bill, it's gonna take somebody with the skill and stamina to make it happen, my situation won't allow it
However, I would fully support with $$ as would lots of other people I'm sure.

Spru, you are right; it has to be short and to the point. I also think that this 'endevour' could cover more than just the guns issue, which would draw in a lot more support, because we are just the tip of the liberal nonsense iceberg if you know what I mean.  But, I would support either way.  Perhaps it could start with 'guns' and spread into other issues.

-Simon