Author Topic: Where to get a PA CCW Permit Now?  (Read 2314 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Where to get a PA CCW Permit Now?
« on: March 24, 2023, 07:52:25 PM »
So where can I go and get a PA CCW permit? My understanding Lancaster and Chester no longer offer out of state permits. Where is everyone going?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Seth

Re: Where to get a PA CCW Permit Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 07:56:23 PM »
I went to York without any problems. Stopped in Hanover at Texas Hot Wiener Lunch on Carlisle St for dinner on the way back for some good hot dogs, fries, and a milkshake. We were in and out with the Sheriff in now time.
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 11:18:12 PM »
I think DE co in Media is still issuing but takes 2 trips.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 01:03:02 AM »
I think DE co in Media is still issuing but takes 2 trips.

You can apply online in Delaware County until April 1st. After that it will take 2 trips.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 09:29:31 AM »
Last time I renewed it was in Berks county at the Reading airport sheriffs substation. One trip.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 12:36:54 PM »
Berks will now process out of state apps but MUST be done via mail.
https://www.countyofberks.com/departments/sheriff/firearms

The Berks County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for those who reside outside of Pennsylvania.  The below documents must be mailed to the Berks County Sheriff’s Office. Once approval is obtained you will be called to schedule an appointment for you to obtain your License to Carry.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 10:08:30 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. :)
On the renew application page it this:
"ATTENTION APPLICANTS
Please note that you must be a current resident of Berks County in order to apply for, (or renew), a License to Carry.  All out of County applications will be denied by our staff.  "
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:15:03 AM by lynch »
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 04:54:12 PM »
So where can I go and get a PA CCW permit? My understanding Lancaster and Chester no longer offer out of state permits. Where is everyone going?
Just did York.  Used the satellite office just off route 30. 

Go to the York, PA Sheriff Office website.  https://yorkcountypa.gov/1009/License-to-Carry

Fill out application on line.  You will need to upload copies front and back of your Delaware Concealed Deadly Weapon license and your drivers license. 

You pay by credit / debit card.  $25

Two days later received an approval text and email.  Gives you a screen that lets you pick a time to go either to the downtown court house or suburban satellite office.  You then pick a time to come in and get your picture taken.  Very pleasant staff takes about 10 minutes. No wait.  I arrived about 1/2 early and took me right in.  They have a desk set up right in the lobby. 

Only one trip which was good for me driving up from south east Sussex county.  ( 3 1/2 hour via Baltimore) 2 trips to Media might be ok for North Delaware folks though.   

« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:14:08 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 09:11:00 PM »
The Berks County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for those who reside outside of Pennsylvania.  The below documents must be mailed to the Berks County Sheriff’s Office. Once approval is obtained you will be called to schedule an appointment for you to obtain your License to Carry.

As of TODAY from their web site link provided in my previous post
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 10:43:41 PM »
Is DE county(Media) still giving permits.  It may take 2 trips but a lot closer.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2023, 09:55:34 AM »
Is DE county(Media) still giving permits.  It may take 2 trips but a lot closer.

Thanks for the update.  :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

RLS

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2023, 11:38:54 PM »
My Berks issued LTCF was expiring. I went to Media (Delaware County) May 31, put in my application and was told to expect to receive a letter in two-three weeks. June 2 the approval letter arrived in the mail.

RLS

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 05:59:54 PM »
My Berks co permit expiring too..  Mailed in renewal app 23 May. Received call few days later to come & get it.  Took care of that on my way to scout camp.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 02:52:27 PM »
So, in essence, what all of this means is there is no State of Pennsylvania Concealed Carry Permit, it is an individual county permit, and the State just goes along with "what ever". The State has no real control of their Permits. Is that right?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

RLS

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 09:03:41 PM »
So, in essence, what all of this means is there is no State of Pennsylvania Concealed Carry Permit, it is an individual county permit, and the State just goes along with "what ever". The State has no real control of their Permits. Is that right?

It can get confusing, perhaps complicated.

The state controls the cost of the LTCF. $20.00

The application for License To Carry Firearm is used statewide. The LTCF is administered by the county sheriff. By law, each sheriff is to process the applications. (Philadelphia County is handled by their Police Department) Not all sheriffs comply and refuse to accept applications from non-residents (those not residing in PA. PA residents must apply in the county in which they reside).  I have read of the threat of legal action has convinced one sheriff to make an exception to his "Non acceptance of non-resident applications."

Some sheriff's are 2nd A friendly, other are not.

By law, once the application has been submitted, the sheriff has 45 days to approve or disapprove. A bone of contention has been a misreading by some as 45 business days as to the actual 45 days, which is calendar days.

The commonwealth has some control. The sheriffs have some control.

Rick