Author Topic: Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?  (Read 1818 times)

SamMangoes

Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?
« on: May 11, 2023, 08:05:12 PM »
I was formerly a person prohibited due to some non-violent drug charges from over a decade ago. I put in for and received a full pardon for all of my charges.

My question is has anyone received a pardon and then gone on to receive their CCDW.

I’m now legally armed, even went out and applied for a type 03 FFL which was approved, have a UPIN because I’m frequently delayed.

I’ve already put the ad in the news journal, finger printing, have the five non-familial or cohabitant references, notarized application, affidavit from the paper, and am including a certified copy of my full pardon from the governor.

What do you think my odds are?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 08:26:53 PM by SamMangoes »

Oaklandopen

Re: Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 11:22:26 PM »
Interesting issue but it sounds like you have everything in order.  I'm no lawyer or anything

The only thing I can think of is if anyone wants to red flag you after the newspaper posting,  since delaware is one of those states that says you have to prove your own innocence. Or they might want an interview with a judge or something.  That's my best guess

I've had a streamlined process during my apps and renewals over 3 different states,  but I also have nothing in my background

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 03:34:52 PM »
I was formerly a person prohibited due to some non-violent drug charges from over a decade ago. I put in for and received a full pardon for all of my charges.

My question is has anyone received a pardon and then gone on to receive their CCDW.

I’m now legally armed, even went out and applied for a type 03 FFL which was approved, have a UPIN because I’m frequently delayed.

I’ve already put the ad in the news journal, finger printing, have the five non-familial or cohabitant references, notarized application, affidavit from the paper, and am including a certified copy of my full pardon from the governor.

What do you think my odds are?
With a full pardon I think you are fine.  That is the effect of a pardon.  I believe that you now can also get an expungement as well
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SamMangoes

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 03:10:26 AM »
Just recently submitted the expungement paper work.

I had spoken with an investigator, because I had reached out to inquire if I should even apply, and he said it depends on your charges really. Even with an expungement there is a caveat for explicitly this situation and I believe a few other police investigatory reasons where they can still see your record no matter what.

However like I said in my post, it’s all non-violent drug offenses. I’ve never had any type of violent charge or even a charge with a victim, besides myself and the “state” I guess⸮

Waiting to hear back, if I’m denied I’ve preemptively been looking for an attorney to represent me in my appeal. I haven’t found one yet, I’ve reached out to a few. I’m always open to suggestions, I’d like an attorney at the ready anyway in case I ever have to use my firearms in a defensive situation.

SamMangoes

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 07:17:46 PM »
Just found out I was approved. Couldn’t believe it. I’ve been open carrying for a while, it’s going to be nice not having to worry about my shirt draping over my pistol.

Seth

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 12:01:50 PM »
Congratulations!
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

SamMangoes

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 07:36:03 PM »
Congratulations!

Thanks, I honestly didn’t think I would get it. I was very surprised when I received the phone call to go in and pick it up. Ten years ago I figured I would never be able to own a firearm, guess a lot can change in a decade.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 12:53:36 AM »
Congratulations.

Now the WAITING begins.....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SamMangoes

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 02:24:45 AM »
Congratulations.

Now the WAITING begins.....

I don’t follow, what am I waiting for? Going to pick up the card on Tuesday.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 12:14:30 PM »
Congratulations! Never heard of coming in to pick up the card I thought they always just sent it by mail is this something new?

Oaklandopen

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 01:28:08 PM »
Uh oh.... it's not one of those "free boat" scams run by the police department when people used to steal cable is it?

SamMangoes

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 11:15:37 PM »
Congratulations! Never heard of coming in to pick up the card I thought they always just sent it by mail is this something new?

Maybe I misunderstood what she meant on the phone. She told me to bring in the paperwork from the CCW class. I was under the impression that I would receive it then, I could be wrong. Tuesdays just the only day I’ll be able to go to the courthouse.

SamMangoes

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023, 11:18:00 PM »
Uh oh.... it's not one of those "free boat" scams run by the police department when people used to steal cable is it?

Wait, you guys didn’t get the free boat letter too?

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2023, 03:09:54 AM »

Ok. I think I understand.   You submitted without training.  You have been notified that you have been approved and must submit proof of training. 

You will NOT be immediately issued your license.  They will mail it to you sometime after you drop off the proof. 

SamMangoes

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 05:39:46 AM »

Ok. I think I understand.   You submitted without training.  You have been notified that you have been approved and must submit proof of training. 

You will NOT be immediately issued your license.  They will mail it to you sometime after you drop off the proof.

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah, I didn’t want to do the training until I found out I was approved. I really didn’t think I would be. I was honestly really surprised to find out I was, especially considering my past felonies. But like I said before, it’s never been anything violent. Always drugs, but that’s a life I no longer know. I don’t even drink alcohol, caffeine, or use tobacco.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:44:07 AM by SamMangoes »