Author Topic: “Voluntary Certificates”  (Read 974 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
“Voluntary Certificates”
« on: July 11, 2023, 03:21:22 PM »
Does anyone have any idea of how many “voluntary” certificates were issued for Modern Sporting Rifles during that window last month?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: “Voluntary Certificates”
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 06:02:09 PM »
????  You volunteered to have your firearm confiscated in the future???
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

slsharp

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 12:55:55 PM »
well, I found what I think is the proper email ( DEFirearmSafetyAct2022@Delaware.gov ) website https://news.delaware.gov/2023/06/14/safety-and-homeland-security-continues-issuing-assault-weapon-certificates-of-possession-by-appointment/

To whom it may concern;
I belong to a Sportsmans club here in Delaware, and would like to know how many gun owners in each of the 3 Counties actually acquired said Certificate, the purpose being to determine if 'voluntary' opportunities to register your firearm is practical from a crime prevention perspective.
Respectfully,Simon Sharp

Also, their phone# is (302) 744-2680 in case someone wants to call them.....

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 10:59:28 PM »
I would love to hear their answer!!!
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

slsharp

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 12:27:51 PM »
I'll give 'em a day or two, then call them.

slsharp

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 04:58:35 PM »
Reply is as follows:

DEFirearmSafetyAct2022
11:38 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

Good morning,

This was not a registry and we do not have any record of anyone who received a certificate. With that being said, I estimate we issued less than 150 certificates. Keep in mind each firearm received its own certificate so that does not mean 150 people participated.

Take care,

Captain Lloyd

To which I replied,

Simon Sharp
12:48 PM (3 minutes ago)
to DEFirearmSafetyAct2022

Thank you, I appreciate the information Captain; especially to part about not being a registry.
Respectfully,
Simon Sharp
Sussex Co.

So, there we have it.  Perhaps this was a 'feeler' to see how many gun owners actually believe their AR's are "assault weapons", as the libs would have us believe?

Libertarian5

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 06:20:54 PM »
What rifles? 🤣🤣🤣

Oaklandopen

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 06:39:03 PM »
 Darn, almost could have been a gotcha moment if they kept track.... which I have my doubts they didn't

It does make me wish I knew how many of the newly banned weapons are currently in delaware under grandfather status.  I'm sure it's a whole lot more than 150.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:41:08 PM by Oaklandopen »

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 02:49:18 PM »
https://legis.delaware.gov/json/BillDetail/GetPdfDocument?fileAttachmentId=551779

Well, here you have it.   The “Financial” impact of the so called Lethal Weapons  Bill. 

Hundreds of thousands of dollars for this.  Less than 150.   And hey, irregardless of what the Captain says, read down and see plain as day REGISTRATION.  It’s right in the financial line items. $305,656 for REGISTRATION cards and REGISTRATION computer.  If is it 150 then that’s $2,000 for each of those plastic cards

I rather suspect that the Captain and his staff know this is unconstitutional on its face and that’s why they made a feeble and late attempt at pushing this.

I wonder where the money will go?  Guess we will never know.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:54:09 PM by Clarence »

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 05:00:01 PM »
Hey, on the plus side, at least the lawyers are going to be able to keep a roof over their head, an expensive Eurobox of a car in the garage, and their kids in college. 

On a more serious note, I am still baffled that our elected representatives are seemingly oblivious to current events with respect to what is required for any weapons regulation to pass constitutional muster under the Second Amendment, let alone under the Delaware Constitution...hell, former Delaware Supreme Court Justice Ridgley said it plain as day that the Article 1, Section 20 of the Delaware constitution is not in lock step with the Second Amendment and that it insures and guarantees protection of a broader category of conduct as relates to possession, carry, and use of weapons in Delaware.  See, e.g., Doe v. Wilmington Housing Authority, 88 A.3d 654, 663 (Del. 2014)(holding that in addition to guaranteeing a right to keep and bear arms to protect against public and private violence, the right was also understood to exist for membership in the militia and for hunting).  This language is WAY pre-Bruen and served to ensure a right to possess and/or carry firearm in common areas of public housing buildings...and it was under the more stringent intermediate scrutiny standard that was in effect pre-Bruen.  Unfortunately, to be an elected official in Delaware, you don't need to know the law.  Apparently, you don't have to have an understanding of basic American Civics either.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 09:06:59 PM »
This is so brilliant.  I have no idea what the cards look like,  but just a Google search for high quality cards got me 500 for $114, or $0.22/card

Even if the machine was another $5,000, and they were getting cards at $0.22 each,  that's over 1.3 million.  That just doesn't make any sense.  I wish I knew the breakdown and maybe invoices because that's more "assault weapons" than people in delaware by a long shot

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 11:23:55 PM »
How many times do we have to tell them they took an oath to defend, protect the Constitution, Delawares and the US.?  But it never registers on them.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 11:49:01 PM »
This should be investigated by the State Auditor.  Wait a minute .......   Oh that’s right.....they ran the elected one (McGuiness) out of office on trumped up charges. Gee.  Looks like the State Auditor is from the same party that runs the stste.  How convenient!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 12:08:47 AM by Clarence »

slsharp

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 02:08:05 PM »
The date on the .pdf is June 3, 2022.
So they DO have a registration database of the voluntary certificates, or do they NOT?
So they used this special purchased computer only to print the certificates, then erased everything?
Yeah, we are being lied to.
I want that computer (and hard drive and backups) destroyed like Hillary's server and blackberry.  I paid for the @@@@ thing and I want it gone.
-Simon