Author Topic: I was denied 30 years ago for permit, now applying again, what odds do i have?  (Read 1167 times)

Jleshem1

When i applied in 1993 i was 21 and was denied due to no valid reason. i am now 51 and applying for my permit, just wanted to know if i might have any issues? i do no t remember the exact date of denial, but is was 30 years ago. I have no convictions on my record. i have the classes etc...

Just Bill

• Life Member
"Valid reason" is no longer an issue, not legal by SCOTUS.  If nothing on your record, it should sail thru.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
When i applied in 1993 i was 21 and was denied due to no valid reason. i am now 51 and applying for my permit, just wanted to know if i might have any issues? i do no t remember the exact date of denial, but is was 30 years ago. I have no convictions on my record. i have the classes etc...
Should be no issue now.  Self defense is good reason but actually you don’t need a reason. It’s a right.

Keep in touch here and let us know of your progress.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
The only thing I would do is answer the question of "Have you ever been denied a permit?" YES - see attached.

Then on a separate sheet of paper state the reason (space on the app too small to explain). And answer the rest of the question "State".

Because any false statements is a reason to deny you.
"ANY FALSE INFORMATION WILL BE SUFFICIENT GROUNDS FOR DENIAL OF THIS APPLICATION."
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
So???  Did you get it this time???
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
So???  Did you get it this time???
A pet peeve of mine on this site are people who come on and get help and then ?ghost ? us never to be heard from again.   We never get the results which should be added to the information we have in this site to help others.

If you have sought advice or help here, please follow through and share your experience. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.