Author Topic: Custom holster maker in DE?  (Read 4960 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Custom holster maker in DE?
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:07:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows of a (good) custom holster maker in DE.  I've been bitten by the leather working bug and have questions.  I'm certainly not quitting my day job as I dont think holsters would pay my bills.  Its more of just a personal thing. 

Any info anyone has would be much appreciated! 

Moosie
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:14:18 PM by SigP250 »
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Custom holster maker in DE?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
Moosie try this guy rgrizzleleather.com. I purchased my holster off him. He started out making holsters about a year ago I think. He started out on the sigforum. Let him know your just starting out and I think he would be more then helpful. There's a pic of my holster that he made in the handgun corner section.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
Moosie,

I think you could be very surprised how well you could do making holsters. Like you said you won't quit your day job but there is a large market, 60 million people need them. Maybe buy a decent holster such as Galco or something similar and tear it apart and see how its made. Check out gun broker  or ebay and see if you can find a used one for cheap. And definitley check with Sig's guy. While it may seem in the best interest of those of us in the firearms business not to help people do our job, you will be surprised how helpful most of them are.
NRA Business Alliance Member

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30:59 PM »
Moosie was just wondering how the holster making is going?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »
It's actually going pretty good.  I don't have anything yet that I want to share publicly... but it's harder finding the time to dedicate to it than it is actually doing it!  Warmer months tend to get in the way of just about everything since it's easier to spend most of my time by the pool, in it, or partying someplace close by it! LOL 

I'm ordering some more patterns and books, etc. to learn even more!! 

Perhaps I'll work on some things to display / share. 

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Gorski

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »
I have a belt holster made by Ryan and can concur...EXCELLENT QUALITY!  you'd do yourself a good service by learning form him.  not so much a plug for his holsters just a satisfied customer
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »
Moosie. I'm looking for a good belt holster for my j frame. I have a cheap don hume juacki slide (something slong those lines) but would rather have something more of a paddle type. I'd be happy to lend it to you for alittle while if you need a mold for it.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!