Author Topic: To tell or not to tell...  (Read 17388 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: To tell or not to tell...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »
Are we trying to make APPLES = ORANGES here????

Hank,

I think you are Trevor are looking at different states.   Trevor quoted the info from PA AG's site stating it the CCW they honor and NOT where you reside.http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been
 confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency
 status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit.  It is the position of the
 Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to
an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state,
and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

Hank YOU are quoting from FL here: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html
Which states:
(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents.
These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

In reading this YOUR FL permit will be honored on PA EVEN IF you are NOT a resident of FL.  But, your PA permit will NOT be honored in FL if you are NOT al resident of PA.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:40:29 PM by radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

trevor

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
Thanks, Radnor,

Hank, I've got to appologize for my post not saying what I meant.

This Florida website has some of what is on the back of that yellow sheet: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

As you correctly stated, it says
"    Pennsylvania   (1,6)"
"1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states."
"(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision."

I think # 6 is where they say what Radnor's saying, that FLA disallows non-resident PA.

They left #4 off the list, which does list  CO, MI, NH, and SC, the states that  explicitly disallow FLA NON-resident permits.

(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the licensee is a resident of the State of Florida.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't say it very well. And no worries...I do have my DE resident CCDW, as well as FLA and PA non-resident permits.

And, Don't tell the wife :-X, I just got my C&R in the mail...there probably is a Mosin-Nagant in the near future  ;D

I'll have to stay out of CO >:(, MI >:(, NH >:(, and SC >:(, as well as NY >:( and NJ >:(...not too much of a loss. ;)

No harm, no foul...I appreciate you having my best interests ;)...now, if you could help me find some inexpensive 9mm.....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:28:33 PM by trevor »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 01:31:16 AM »
Trevor,

You missed PRMD.  hopefully the MD thing will pass.  But I'm NOT holding my breath.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

trevor

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 02:42:05 AM »
yes...and MD >:( >:(...

But I can't imagine MD would ever give reciprocity when virtually none of its own residents can carry.

People can say what they will about DE's process, cheesy card, etc, but at least it is obtainable with reasonable effort, and it doesn't require political connections.

To your point, I've stopped shopping in Elkton due to carrying. I used to avoid the Walmart at the 13/40 split due to its clientele, and now I avoid the one in Elkton due to MD's CC law...but I no longer mind the 13/40 store...'cause I'm not defenseless. Kinda ironic...

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »
Yeah, 13/40.....  That's so you can pick up ammo to feed that little girls' habit.  :) 

How is she shootin?

Hank

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
Hi everyone.
I will try one more time before the snow starts to fall???
I have my DE. CCDW, I also have my Non resident CCW from FL. And I got my non resident CCW from PA. I'm not out to collect then just for fun. I'm not reading all the laws from the other states and telling everyone just what they mean, not by a long shot you do your own hamework!!! I can't make heads or tails out of them!!! If you want to find out about the gun laws In any state, you had better go find a lawyer from that state that specializes In that law, In that state, and even with that, he could still be wrong.

Any time two or more lawyers go Into court, most of the time at least one If not more will be found wrong by the judge, And I would no bet my life on the judge???
I'm just stating what I think I know, you people can do whatever you like!!! I will cover my butt, If you want to leave yours to chance, be my guest.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. Semper Fi all. Hank

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »
I just stated what was PRINTED in their websites.

The ONLY thing I can wish for all is, may we NEVER have to "use" any of the cards.

Be safe Hank.  And, thank you for your service.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:17:22 PM by radnor »

Hank

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
Hay Radno, No harm & no foul.
I don't have a dog in this fight, I have covered my butt as far as I know???
and If I'm wrong about something that I state here, no harm & no foul! But on the other hand, If you ( I don't mean you personally ) tell someone/anyone that what they are doing Is right, and It's not, and they go to jail, I think then we may have some harm? Some of them people In the bule suits and robes like to say " Ignorance of the law, Is no excuse " and they will put you In jail happely for screwing up In there part of town??? I have been around for a long time and I have seen a done a lot. I also have had my foot In my mouth more times than I like to remember. I well know that talk is cheap, and so Is advice. I do a lot of one and try to stay away from the other.

I went for my FL. none resident CCW , thinking It would cover me up In PA. I found out that It may not be so, I checked and It was one of them " grey areas ", so I than went for my PA. non resident CCW to make sure, $26.00? I'm not going to leave things to chance. I even had someone question me about using the term " Non resident CCW. " telling me they could not find that term In the FL.law, anyplace??? I tryed to answer that? But some people are very hard to please.

In God we trust, the rest pay cash.
Semper Fi all. Hank.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
Please cite the PA code where it states as a resident of DE they will NOT honor you FL non-res ticket.

Hank

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
Hi Radnor.
I may be wrong, but for $26.00 I'm not going to sweat It, I have spent many thousands of $ on all kind of guns over many years. And I'm not going to fight with you over this. I'm not telling anyone what they should do or not do. A word to the wise, That's It!!!
Hank.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
What I just read on the PA site was that you must have a legal permit to carry concealed in your HOME state for them to honor your out of state PA carry permit.  That being said, I think your bases are covered as long as the state you claim as your home state is one that PA shares reciprocity with and you have a valid permit to carry in that home state. 

Rebecca
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hank

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
Hi everyone.
Let me fall on my sward and end this. I was probely wrong In what I said? ( The road to hell, Is paved with good Intentions ) I was told this by some one that I know, I was not trying to make any trouble, or give anyone any bad Info, I even went to the trouble of getting a PA. non resident CCW myself, and I have a FL. Non resident CCW, because I believed this to be true, I'm still out on this one, I'm not 100% sure on this one way or the other. So If I did cause anyone any trouble I apologize.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. Semper Fi all.Hank.