Author Topic: WHOO HOOOOO... 2149  (Read 10666 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
WHOO HOOOOO... 2149
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Just wanted to share with you an experience I had last night.  I went to pick up my SW9VE.  As DSP responds with an "A-OK" for me, they are reading back a verification number... I was number 2149 for this guy alone this year.  You have to understand, this is a guy operating out of his home (probably in his 80's) and he has reached that number from Jan 1 09 to yesterday. Firearms are very alive and well in Delaware!!  YAY!!!!!     (not that I had any doubt).

I was excited to realize this last night and thought I would share.  I'll add one more to his list next week and hopefully again soon before the Blair Holt Bill allows someone to come in and swipe them all! 

Keep buyin 'em!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

headfirst

Re: WHOO HOOOOO... 2149
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:02:09 PM »
Just wanted to share with you an experience I had last night.  I went to pick up my SW9VE.  As DSP responds with an "A-OK" for me, they are reading back a verification number... I was number 2149 for this guy alone this year.  You have to understand, this is a guy operating out of his home (probably in his 80's) and he has reached that number from Jan 1 09 to yesterday. Firearms are very alive and well in Delaware!!  YAY!!!!!     (not that I had any doubt).

I was excited to realize this last night and thought I would share.  I'll add one more to his list next week and hopefully again soon before the Blair Holt Bill allows someone to come in and swipe them all! 

Keep buyin 'em!

Moosie

That's gotta be Dan ;) But that # cannot represent his transfers for this year alone. I'd guess he does 5-10 a week, purely a guess.

Happy shooting,
hf

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:21:23 PM »
The number that the state police gives us is purely in order of all calls recieved, and they only get called for handguns and rifles! Imagine what that would be if shotguns were included. But it has been extremely busy to the point that the manufactures can't keep up with the demand. I was at the shot show last month and the one question I heard being asked more than any is "when are you going to up your production".
NRA Business Alliance Member

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:36:42 AM »
It was Dan :)  and from the looks of what orders had arrived, he's doing plenty more than 5-10 a week.  I had to play secretary while I was there because his phone wouldnt stop ringing long enough for him to complete the paperwork.  Super super nice guy. 

Blue Hen, I was told (not by Dan) that the number I heard was specifically the number he's processed.  No? 

Yep.. still wet behind the ears here.  But always willing to learn. 

Moosie!
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »
Moosie
No that number is of all calls. My last approval number was 2107 and I haven't sold that much this year. I don't know Dan but I'm sure he is busy and hopefully by the end of the year he will have reached that number by himself ( but not before me) :)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »
Ok, I stand corrected.  :)  Thanks for the education!!  See.. learn something new every day.  I'm still excited that our little state has sold that many in the first 6 weeks of the year. 

Moosie

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »
Moosie,
I wouldn't expect somebody to know what those numbers mean unless they sell or work at a gunshop. But your right the number of sales is amazing. My last number yesterday was 2506 my first today was 2589. 83 sales in 24 hours. The only part of the economy doing well right now is the firearms industry.