Author Topic: PA resident wants UT permit  (Read 16611 times)

siearly

PA resident wants UT permit
« on: January 19, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
I posted a few months ago when I moved from DE where I had a permit to PA.  I've got everything together for a PA resident permit and will probably drive the hour to drop it off sometime this week (Chester county requires you to come in person).

Anyway, I also want to get a non-resident UT permit.  I saw in another link there is someone in PA who can give the required instruction.  Does anyone have contact information for him/her?
======
Steve

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: PA resident wants UT permit
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:17:48 PM »
This is NOT a PA instructor who offers the UT class.  He is local.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

siearly

======
Steve

Hank

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
Hi steve.
Before you go for your drive, you don't have to!!! I got my PA. non resadent CCW by mail In a little over a week, no joke from Centure County Sheriffs office, all the Info is right on this blog, That's just how I found out. Let me look and see what I can find and i'll get back to you. Hank

Hank

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
OK Steve.
Look on this blog and find from Dec. 22, 2009 by Hank( Anyone know how to get a PA. CCW without going to PA. ) #2 reply, 3Rd. down
What I did was sent them a copy of my CCW from DE. and FL. and I had it back In less then two weeks. no photos needed. Steve do you have your CCW from Delaware, First of all? If so I don't think that you have to go through and training courses for the other states, I got my out of state from Florida that way.By just sending them a copy of my DE. CCW. but thing change so check it out by asking on here like you did.  Good luck, Hank

siearly

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
OK Steve.
Look on this blog and find from Dec. 22, 2009 by Hank( Anyone know how to get a PA. CCW without going to PA. ) #2 reply, 3Rd. down
What I did was sent them a copy of my CCW from DE. and FL. and I had it back In less then two weeks. no photos needed. Steve do you have your CCW from Delaware, First of all? If so I don't think that you have to go through and training courses for the other states, I got my out of state from Florida that way.By just sending them a copy of my DE. CCW. but thing change so check it out by asking on here like you did.  Good luck, Hank

Thank you for the information.  Maybe I made a wrong assumption.

I used to live in DE and had a  DE resident permit for years.  I recently moved to PA.  I assumed my DE permit is no longer valid since I moved to PA.  Is that true?

I have applied for my PA resident permit and am waiting to receive it.  I did call the sheriff and they verified I did have to apply in person for my PA resident permit.
======
Steve

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
I'm sure you know DE does NOT issue non-res permits.  Since you are a PA res now,
I would NOT try to use it in DE.  Not sure if it is good til expiration or not.  Dont want
to chance it - you do not want to be todays new felon.  UT or FL are the way to go
for you now.

Did you get into the UT class?

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
Correct, your DE CCDW would no longer be valid. DE reciprocates with other states but does not have a non resident CCDW.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

siearly

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »

I filled out the registration form.  Waiting to hear further instructions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:21:39 PM by siearly »
======
Steve

siearly

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 03:20:27 PM »

I have left a phone message and emailed saying I want to sign up, but so far the instructor has not gotten back to me.  I will keep trying this week.

Sorry, I'm loosing it.  The instructor sent me the form to enroll and I filled it out and returned it.
======
Steve

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
Good.  Glad it is working out for you (the UT class).  If he needs help, I'll see you there.
If I dont get the call, have a good class.  I took the UT 2 years ago with a different
instructor.  Wait til you see UT.  You'll have a lil red tint in your photo.  But is a NICE
card to add to the collection.

siearly

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 06:25:39 PM »
Wait til you see UT.  You'll have a lil red tint in your photo.  But is a NICE
card to add to the collection.

Hmmm, UT also puts red dots on beer purchased at the state store as opposed to a grocery store.  What is with Mormons and red?   ;D
======
Steve

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
Go here to see how long it will take for them to process it.  http://www.editgrid.com/user/sewillden/BCIPermitDelays

UT site at http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com

siearly

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
Update.  My PA permit arrived about a week and a half ago and I'm registered for the Utah class this Saturday.  I'm almost back to where I started-legal to carry in DE.  At least now I'll have the added benefit of being legal in more states.
======
Steve