Author Topic: Important Delaware Right-to-Carry Reform Heads to Senate for Vote Tomorrow!  (Read 10985 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Important Delaware Right-to-Carry Reform
Heads to Senate for Vote Tomorrow!
Please Contact Your State Senator!

Today, the Delaware Senate Finance Committee passed House Bill 258.  The bill will now be heard by the full Senate TOMORROW.

HB258, sponsored by State Representative John Atkins (D-41), would extend the validity of a concealed carry permit from 2 years to 3 years for initial licenses and 3 years to 5 years for renewal licenses.

Please contact your State Senator TODAY and respectfully urge them to support HB258.  Contact information can be found by clicking here.

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS145.NSF/vwLegislation/HB+258?Opendocument
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
YAY!!!!!   I hope it passes tomorrow. 

Write, write, write, guys! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
I sent an email last night Bethany Hall-Long from Middletown, heard back from her shortly after midnight that she supports the bill. Anybody know how Markell feels about it?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
The following is good news for all Delaware supporters of the Second Amendment!

Governor Markel Signs House Bill 258

House Bill 258 extends the term of licenses to carry a concealed deadly weapon.  The initial permit will now be valid for a term of 3 years and renewals will be valid for 5 years. Previously permits were valid for 2 and 3 years respectively.  The fee for the license is now $65.00.  The bill goes into effect immediately.  Currently issued permits are not affected by the legislation.

Those who have already filed their application should contact the Prothonotary and ask to be allowed to submit an additional $30.50 for the longer term permit.

The DSSA would like to thank the sponsors of the bill:  Reps. John Atkins,  William Carson, Robert Gilligan, Michael Mulrooney, Peter Schwartzkopf, Robert Walls and Sen. Bruce Ennis.  We further appreciate the efforts of Sen. Nancy Cook who shepherded the bill through the Senate committee process and onto the agenda.  It is also interesting to note that Sen. Joseph Booth voted for the bill twice; first last June when he was a Representative and the second time last month as a Senator.  We also thank Gov. Markell for promptly signing the bill into law.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
     Those who have already filed their application should contact the Prothonotary and ask to be allowed to submit an additional $30.50 for the longer term permit.

Just received this email a few minutes ago too. 

I filed my renewal about a month ago.  So I called.  As of NOW the Prothonotary does NOT know anything about this.  I was told the lady who handles permits is out to day Fri 5 Feb and will be in on Monday.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
I'm wondering if for renewals if they will wait until next year to prevent any confusion.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.