Author Topic: Starting process questions?  (Read 26857 times)

moongoose26

Re: Starting process questions?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
Finally done. After the clerk made sure everything was up to par I asked her what she thought the current turnaround time was she answered we normally say 90 days but they are coming out alot quicker now. All they have to do in her words is verify that your references are real people. Let the countdown begin.

ThePixelated

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
Finally done. After the clerk made sure everything was up to par I asked her what she thought the current turnaround time was she answered we normally say 90 days but they are coming out alot quicker now. All they have to do in her words is verify that your references are real people. Let the countdown begin.

90 days? What county was this in?

moongoose26

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »
Kent County

ThePixelated

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »
Kent County

Ah ha! Thought so. You're lucky. New Castle it took 141 days for me & a friend of mine. I'm sure it's still up there.

Good luck!

moongoose26

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
Today will be 21 days. After reading on here about a few people in Kent County getting theirs in 20 something days making it a point to check the mail everyday lol.

Zallith

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »
Today will be 21 days. After reading on here about a few people in Kent County getting theirs in 20 something days making it a point to check the mail everyday lol.

Ha got you beat I am 22 days in.. only 118ish to go... lol what a joke it is to live in NCC

moongoose26

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
35 days still counting nothing i the mail yet.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
 They cashed my check a week before I got mine. Check your bank account. ;)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »
Hold-ups usually happen in either the Prothonatary's office or the Superior Court. Processing depends on workload. Permits are not considered(by them) a priority item.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

moongoose26

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
Check was cashed less then a week after I turned it in lol.

moongoose26

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »
A small update emailed the contact on the web page for a update on the status of my app. Her reply was that it was in chambers for the resident judge to sign. i take it this means I am going to be issued a permit now or is there still a chance for it to be denied by the judge?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »
A small update emailed the contact on the web page for a update on the status of my app. Her reply was that it was in chambers for the resident judge to sign. i take it this means I am going to be issued a permit now or is there still a chance for it to be denied by the judge?

I think it means that the investigators had no objection. Looks good, but your mileage may vary.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 05:14:05 AM »
The judge always has final say however if she didn't tell you of any pending issues you'll likely be good. Both my wife and I had 2 issues and we were contacted directly from the investigator for each issue. Since its been sent to the judge without you receiving a call I'd say it looks good.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »

I think it means that the investigators had no objection. Looks good, but your mileage may vary.

That's what I was thinking. Good luck. :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

gthomas582

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 04:55:00 AM »
Perhaps a off topic but I: have a question. I have heard of them being rejected for petty reasons. I have a charge on my "criminal" record for having a dog run loose. I would think that would be insignificant but I was denied a job working for the census and that is the reason they gave.