Author Topic: Florida LTCF Training  (Read 10167 times)

MarkG

Florida LTCF Training
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »
I am a resident of PA, who wants to carry concealed in DE and FL, so I'm in the process of getting my FL non-resident LTCF.

The FL training requirement is satisfied with a Hunter Education Course.  I completed a course back in 1984, before they kept records, and I don't have my original certificate.  I do, however, have a replacement certificate, which they issue after I submitted a sworn affidavit saying that I completed the training.

My issue is that the new certificate clearly says that it was issued by an affidavit submitted by me, and that it was due to no records being kept for the time period my original course was completed.  And, that it was issued based soley on information provided by me.

Does anyone have experience with FL, who could advise whether FL would have an issue with this??  I'd hate to spend all of the time and money to send everything down, only to have it rejected.

Hank

Re: Florida LTCF Training
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
Hi Mark.
I have a phone # that you can call and ask them, It may take some time and effort on your part because they are always busy. It helps if you have a redial on you phone, Call- ( 1-850-245-5691 ) Florida Dept. Of Agriculture & comsumer services, division of licensing. There address Is P. O. Box 6687, Tallahassee, FL. 32314-6687

Good luck.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. Semper Fi all. Hank.

MarkG

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the #, Hank.  I wasn't sure, being the gov't, if I'd be able to get through to a human.  And if I did, if they'd be able to give me an answer.

It's worth the try!

glock9

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »
i found the best time to call is between 8:00 and 10:00 am. they seem to be very friendly down there.

MarkG

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »
Thanks.  I'll give them a call Monday, and ask them flat out.

MarkG

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
Spoke with Florida today.  They will NOT accept a replacement Hunter's Education card.

MarkG

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
There was finally a Utah class up here locally in PA.  My Utah permit came a week or so ago.

I'm legal to carry now in DE, even though I've been down but haven't yet.