Author Topic: Fl and Pa out of state licence question  (Read 8979 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Fl and Pa out of state licence question
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »
I received my Delaware CCW, and I am a De resident.
Next will be getting the Fl and Pa out of states. Pa seems straight forward, and I have the form. Florida seems okay, except they want fingerprints. Will they except the electronic version I got taken at troop 2 back in September, and will the State police do that for me? Anyone done this?
Thanks
Lumspond   
New Castle County

boarder2280

Re: Fl and Pa out of state licence question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »
Hi Lumspond,
I just got my Florida CCW about 2 months ago.  They will not take electronic fingerprints unless you actually do them on their local system, so unless you're planning to go to Florida soon, you have to do them on your own.  They also require you to use their fingerprint card that already has their info printed on it.  All of the application paperwork can be downloaded and printed from your home computer, with that one exception.  Here is a link for the applications as well as to request the fingerprint card: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html. I took the card to the State Beareau of Identification located in the back of the old Blue Hen Mall in dover.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and good luck!

Boarder
M9 - Expert
M16 - Expert
Florida CCW

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:48:15 AM »
Training needed too.  Hunter Ed will satisfy that if you took it.  Or, an NRA course.

Other option would be UT.  You can find classes offered for UT locally.  UT & FL cover most of the
same states.

Differences in UT VS FL....

UT:  Training 80.00-125.00
       New permit: 65.25 good for 5 years
       Renewal: $10.00 good for 5 years.

FL:  Training - Hunter Ed - FREE  offered monthly by the State
      NRA class 80.00-125.00
      New permit: 117.00 good for 7 years
      Renewal: 117.00 good for 7 years

Personally, I went for the UT permit.

FYI, PA permit.  Send it to Centre Co.  All done by mail.  26.00 and you'll
get your PAPER RECEIPT.  That's what Centre Co permit looks like.  Also,
copy the permit (LTCF) @ 60% and laminate it.  Carry the copy and keep the
original safe.

If you want more info on either PA or UT, let me know.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

boarder2280

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:17:45 PM »
Thanks for the good info, Radnor!  Fla also accepts a military ID card or DD-214 for those that have seperated as proof of training.  Here is the source for that info: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/firearms/acceptable_training_documentation.html

-Boarder
M9 - Expert
M16 - Expert
Florida CCW

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »
Yep, you are correct.  Did not know what certs you had to satisfy the training.  Should have seen your sig line and realized you should have it. 

The only other thing is cost...
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
One more question about that Florida training requirement. Does the CCW training class from De count? It was from an NRA certified instructor. I would expect not, as the Fl class would focus on Fl laws. If so, is there an on-line course?
Thanks all. Submitting my Pa application tomorrow, although I bucked the system and am applying in Delaware county (media courthouse). Reason being I'm in Delaware county ALL the time, and I u derdtand they hive a nice license vs. a receipt. But you pay 46.00 vs. 26.00.
Thanks in advance.
Lumspond
Sig P226, P232
Ruger mark 2, Mini 14, 10/22
SKS
870 Wingmaster
New Castle County

ezliving

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 07:21:29 AM »
FL CCW permit reciprocity will cover you for PA.  http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

WygantMb

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:31:43 AM »
I just received my Delaware CCW and just sent out my paper work for PA. Hopefully it comes back fast. I'm getting ready to apply for FL, Mil back round seems to make it alot easier. I just wish Maryland was easier to get the CCW, living only about 10 mins for the border I tend to wander into MD from time to time, and now I have to think about it before going for a ride. If anyone has any info about MD would be great, but for right now I kinda look at it as a lost cost.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »
I just received my Delaware CCW and just sent out my paper work for PA. Hopefully it comes back fast. I'm getting ready to apply for FL, Mil back round seems to make it alot easier. I just wish Maryland was easier to get the CCW, living only about 10 mins for the border I tend to wander into MD from time to time, and now I have to think about it before going for a ride. If anyone has any info about MD would be great, but for right now I kinda look at it as a lost cost.

If you sent it to Centre County, you will have it in about a WEEK.
Yes, I know, it seems unlikely, but they really are that fast...

As far as Maryland is concerned, look at that border as the Iron Curtain. This side, you are free; cross over to that side, and you are a FELON.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mrjam2jab

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »

MD is almost impossible for residents...let alone non-residents.  

FYI...before you apply to FL, you should check out Arizona...it's a might cheaper at $60/$43 initial/renewal.  Reciprocity is almost identical....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:05:36 AM by mrjam2jab »
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 12:04:34 PM »
Why are you going to waste $117 on a FL permit?  When PA is only $46 at Delaware County.  PA covers just about every state that FL covers except 4 states (MS, AL, NE, KS).  In my opinion it is a waste of money and time.  Check handgunlaw.us for states that are covered by PA and FL.  Is it really worth an additional $71 to pick up 4 states?  Unless you travel to those states on a regular basis.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
Was initially looking at the training requirements.  INITIALLY found it had to be done there.  But, later in the code for AZ, NRA classes, hunter ed , etc.  So it looks like training requirement is similar to FL.
http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

Section N.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
Was initially looking at the training requirements.  INITIALLY found it had to be done there.  But, later in the code for AZ, NRA classes, hunter ed , etc.  So it looks like training requirement is similar to FL.
http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

Section N.

Correct.  That code was added as of July 29, 2010 when their "Constitutional Carry" bill became effective.  The are really responsive too.  I sent an email requesting an app packet...within 30 minutes had a response and the packet in 2 days. 

WygantMb

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »
I got my PA ccw today. It took less than a week. Nice...

mrjam2jab

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:46 AM »
It took 2 weeks for AZ...mailbox to mailbox.