Author Topic: Call re: new law from Prothonotary  (Read 11041 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Call re: new law from Prothonotary
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »
As we all (should) know, the governor signed a bill to extend the terms for CCDW permits.
Those of us who renew this year must be wondering: what will happen if we already filed our renewal before the law changed?

Well, now we know:

I got a call from Nancy in the Prothonotary's office. I filed my renewal in person on Feb 3rd, which she said was the day the law was passed. She offered me two options: take the three year renewal, or send an additional $30.50 for a five-year permit.

The check is already written and in the mail.  :)
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Call re: new law from Prothonotary
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »
I delivered mine in Jan.  I'm sure they are sitting on a desk somewhere until May.
If I get the call, will ask when it is going to be processed.  Will have to drop by with a
little extra cash.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
Just out of curiosity, can the next person either gets that call or drops off their renewal ask if the I'd cards are still gonna be like the current cheapies?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »
Just out of curiosity, can the next person either gets that call or drops off their renewal ask if the I'd cards are still gonna be like the current cheapies?
I'm sure you could ask. I don't know if she would have the answer, but she was very pleasant and helpful.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
You dont think they made improvements to that do you?
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

ant4

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »
I was told yesterday that any new or renewal filled on or after Feb 3rd would be able to get a 3 yr for a new license and 5 yr for renewal. Any app filled prior to Feb 3rd would not be eligiable for the new terms.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
I was told yesterday that any new or renewal filled on or after Feb 3rd would be able to get a 3 yr for a new license and 5 yr for renewal. Any app filled prior to Feb 3rd would not be eligiable for the new terms.
The law took effect Feb 3rd, and I filed on Feb 3rd, so that's why I got the call.
I'm glad I procrastinated this year: I'm happy to get the 5-year permit. From now on, my DE and PA permits will expire the same year.  :)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
The State is swimming in RED ink, you dont think They'd take the additional 30.50 and give you a 5 year?

I'd be willing to bet you if you went down there with money in hand, they'd let you amend your app.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 02:53:23 PM »
The State is swimming in RED ink, you dont think They'd take the additional 30.50 and give you a 5 year?

I'd be willing to bet you if you went down there with money in hand, they'd let you amend your app.

Maybe, if they were allowed to.
I have the impression that the Prothonotary's office takes these applications as ordered, based on specific guidelines. They were told to "offer the option to applicants who filed their forms on or after Feb 3rd," and that's what they are doing.

Like I said: I'm glad I procrastinated this year. I was planning to file the renewal the first week in January, but I got distracted by other matters. I finally wandered in there on Feb 3rd...