Author Topic: The Brady Campaign scores Delaware 21 out of 100  (Read 12131 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
The Brady Campaign scores Delaware 21 out of 100
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:56:27 PM »
So, the anti-gun propagandists over at the Brady Campaign rates Delaware 21 out of 100 for gun control.  I think we can do better.  If we all write our representatives in government we can get that score down to zero.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/DE

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Rabbit

Re: The Brady Campaign scores Delaware 21 out of 100
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »
Is it wrong to want to move to Utah because they scored a Zero, However the availability of alcohol or lack there of and the strong Mormon presence among elected officials making me question this choice. not that i have any thing against Mormons but who needs that many wives in the first place.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
I actually just read the "Points" that DE got and I'm not sure that we want it to be 0. 

State license required 2 -- Ok, this one needs to go away. It should be a shall issue state to all non-felons. 
Record keeping and retention 2  -- ?? DE isnt allowed to keep records past what is it, 90 days?  So not sure why they even gave us points here
At least 1 store security precaution required 2 -- If I had a gun store I'd already have some sort of security...  again, why 2 points?
Inspections by police allowed 2 -- Whens the last time you saw DSP or NCCPD going out just randomly inspecting stores? Needs to go away!
Points Ages 16/17 and under 5  -- This one needs to be lower in age, but I'm ok with it... sort of.  I dont want any laws affecting my ability to own a gun!
Points Must be 21 2  -- This should be reduced (in my opinion) to at least 18. 
Points Employers not forced to allow firearms on premises 2 -- if you have a permit to carry concealed, this should over ride whatever "policy" they have.
Colleges are not forced to allow firearms on campus 2 -- Again, if you have a permit to carry concealed, this should over ride whatever policy they have.
Law enforcement discretion when issuing CCW permits 2 -- This should have ZERO bearing on it. 

Ok, so I stand corrected.  They ALL need to disappear. 

Let's get to it boys! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:12:59 PM »
...not that i have any thing against Mormons but who needs that many wives in the first place.

Speak for yourselves. I've always dreamed of disappointing several women instead of just one.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:48:19 AM »
 ROFLMAO ;D

I agree, why just @@@@ of one when you can @@@@ off several
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
ROFL!!!   OMG, you guys are funny. 

Thanks for making my morning!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

boarder2280

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
Guys,
This is all good and well, but imagine multiple mother-in-laws.....  You'd have to take my gun away from me then!
M9 - Expert
M16 - Expert
Florida CCW

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
OMG...  Boarder, you're RIGHT!  Wait... I'd only have one set of in-laws...   Does that still qualify?  I mean, one set is annoying enough!

Moosie