Author Topic: pants on the ground... pants on the ground  (Read 11824 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
pants on the ground... pants on the ground
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Anyone else have an issue with their holster dragging their pants down? Yes, I am wearing a belt. Not a 1" wide heavy duty holster belt, but if I tighten my belt any more I'm not going to be able to breathe!

Oh, the other thing is that it seems to ride around from the 4 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position or almost.

Oh, and I pulled the biggest rookie mistake today rofl! While I was in the restroom I almost let my firearm fall right out of my holster and into the water! Almost... :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: pants on the ground... pants on the ground
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »
I gave up and ordered a good concealed carry belt. It cost about $75, but it was worth it. They are much stiffer than an ordinary belt, and you don't need to over-tighten it to hold up the weight of the firearm.

I've dropped my gun in worse places than the bathroom... one time, only my Safepacker holster kept people from screaming
"GUN!!! GUN!!!"
In that situation, I calmly picked it up and walked away.  ::)
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
Well, Old Gray,  the only thing from keeping me from wearing a wonderful MANS belt is that it would stick out like a sore thumb with what I wear.  @@@@ it, I'm just going to have to devote more time to making some leather items for women!!

Thanks, Old Gray.  Anyone else have recommendations??  I'm carrying either my 9mm or .40 cal SWVGE in a supertuck. 

Mucho Gracias, Senors!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

trevor

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:12:17 AM »
Moosie,

One thing that has worked for me is to snug up the belt after it's down over the hips. That is, take belt tension off the pants, lower belt over hips, then re-snug the belt tighter than your normal position to keep it under a little tension from the legs while seated,  and I've had no 'incidents'. This was one of the things I had to work out before I started carrying in condition 1 :o, but it's worked out OK 8).

Trevor.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:20:03 AM »
Well, Old Gray,  the only thing from keeping me from wearing a wonderful MANS belt is that it would stick out like a sore thumb with what I wear.  @@@@ it, I'm just going to have to devote more time to making some leather items for women!!

Thanks, Old Gray.  Anyone else have recommendations??  I'm carrying either my 9mm or .40 cal SWVGE in a supertuck. 

Mucho Gracias, Senors!

Moosie

I think the company from whom I bought my belt sells women's belts, too.
I'll try to find a link.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Hank

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »
Hi guys,
Before anyone jumps on my back, I looked It up In the dictionary and It had 2 listings for GUYS,
#1- A man or boy, #2- any person!!! My wife always gives me a hard time about me using that word, guys, so I looked It up.
Nice heavy duty 1-1/2" belts can be had for a good price at Wally World ( Wal-Mart ) mens dept. Mosie I think you should be looking at a good sholder holster fot Spring, Fall & winter use. I don't like hand bags for woman, you should always have the weapon In your controll. Mosie have you ever tryed a cross draw holster, they ride a little differently than others, and a lot has to do with the kind of weapon one carries, weightIs the big problem, Taurus makes a single stack polymer 9MM, PT709, 19OZ. I keep one in my car while driving, but I'm not a 9MM fan.

The big No-No for me, Is using different holsters at diffarent times and I guess that can be a chalange fot the woman, always a different outfit, men can get away with the same all the time!!!
That's why they always say, when you carry a weapon, you will wind up with a draw full of holsters.
You can turn that around, by finding someone with that draw full and go try them on. Good luck all.
In God we trust, all others pay cash,
Semper Fi all, Hank.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »
For something really quick, Galco offers belts down to 1 1/4" - in exotic materials.  Milt Sparks does sharkskin down to 1 1/4", and regular leather down to 1".  There is probably a bit of a wait, though, as with all the Milt Sparks stuff.

A quick note to the guys (like "dude" guys, Hank, not "dudette" guys, unless the "dudette" guys want to get in on this, also), 5.11 offers reinforced belts for a pretty cheap price.  They'll work, but they are not solid leather.  They have a reinforced insert, and are covered by a leather veneer -- which can get scratched off.  They do hold up better than the WalMart/KMart workman-style belts, but cost about twice as much.  Those WalMart/KMart deals are still better than the dress belts, though.   

Wearing a reinforced belt (whether insert or double-thick leather) compared to a non-reinforced belt is like the difference between hammering a nail with a hammer, compared with hammering the nail with a big-assed wrench.  They both get the job done, but one is a lot easier.  Gone are the days of having to go potty five minutes after cinching down the belt -- because the poop was getting squeezed out of you like toothpaste.   
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
Your exactly right corbon....but did you have to end on that note?  :)
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
Sorry, but I liked the ending.  Thanks for the laugh.   ;D
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.