Author Topic: Got my CCDW renewel today, no joke!!!  (Read 14651 times)

Hank

Got my CCDW renewel today, no joke!!!
« on: March 13, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Hi everyone.
In todays mail I got me CCDW renewel, but It's only good untill 5/31/2013, 3 years. I guess they must be working overtime upstate or something. I went back twice, I screwed up my first application and I had to redo it. Have any of you guys got anything back yet? I was sure It may be a long wait because of the backlog, but I'm not looking a gift horse In the mouth.
Good luck and Semper Fi all. Hank

" In God we trust, all others pay cash "

ant4

Re: Got my CCDW renewel today, no joke!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »
Sounds good Hank. When did you submit your renewal?

Hank

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
Hi ant4.
I took It the first time on Jan. 12, and the second time with a new application about a week later, give or take?
Take care and good luck.
Semper Fi all. Hank

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

fdegree

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
I, too, received my renewal yesterday...pleasantly surprised.  Also, mine is only good for 3 years, but mine went in before they approved the change for 5 year renewals...so the 3 year renewal is what I paid for.

I dropped my renewal off at the Sussex County prothonotary on Jan. 15.  Three months doesn't sound bad considering the backlog they had.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »
"are you serious?" I put mine in on Jan 4th and it didn't go to the AG's office until March 11 this so sucks.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
I dropped mine off on 12 Jan in NCC.  Nothing yet.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:09 AM »
The Prothonotary's office was instructed to contact anyone who applied for a three-year renewal after the law took effect on February 3rd, and offer them the opportunity to send in another check to get a 5-year renewal instead. If the applicant declined, they would issue a 3-year permit.

I applied on Feb 3rd, and they called me on the 17th to make the offer. I sent the check that day.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:38:49 AM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

VTXDm

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »
Got my renewal last week. Took it in on January 12th. 3 year renewal... ;D
In God we trust.....All others keep your hands where I can see them......Molon Labe

Hank

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:19:30 AM »
Hi everyone.
The reason I had to redo my application was, In the space that ask's why are you renewing, or why you need a CCDW, or something like that? I put In " Self Protection " a week later I was told that I will be turned down by the person I got my CCDW In the first place. He was told by the court? or others, If the person did not put down the same thing as the first time ( Or close ) thay would not be renewed.
So we made up a new applaction and he stamped it with his Notery and I took It back to the Court House and turned It In.

So If you do not get your renewel back soon, this " may " be the reason??? Good luck.
Semper Fi all. Hank.

In God we trust, all others pay cash!!!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:05 PM »
Well...  My reasons were EXACTLY the same as my original application.  I copied the reasons from the original to include with the renewal.

I'm sure mine will be in the mail soon.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »
My reasons were pretty much the same and I know the AG's office reviewed my application on Thursday so any day now, but it still pisses me off that people who submited their application after me got their new permits already.

Dugout

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 12:16:47 PM »
Got mine in the mail on Friday the 19th. I put the renewal application in on Feb. 4 one day after the new five year renewal became effective. I also was called and offered the 5 year renewal. So I sent in a check for the difference. Now i'm good until 2015.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
I called for a status on mine.  Lady said they were concentrating on the new ones since we have until 31 May.  So who knows.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
Got mine in the mail on Friday the 19th. I put the renewal application in on Feb. 4 one day after the new five year renewal became effective. I also was called and offered the 5 year renewal. So I sent in a check for the difference. Now i'm good until 2015.
I applied one day before you, also sent in the additional check, but mine isn't here yet...  ???
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
I called today and was told my application is still at the AG,s office ugh!!!!!!!!