Author Topic: CCW Without a Permit In Arizona?  (Read 9333 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
CCW Without a Permit In Arizona?
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:17:09 AM »
That seems to be where the state is headed.  What do you think?  Good idea or not?

PHOENIX (AP) - The Arizona Senate has given preliminary approval to legislation that would make Arizona the third state allowing people to carry concealed weapons without a permit.

The Senate approved the measure in a voice vote on Tuesday. Preliminary approval sets the stage for a formal vote in the Senate. Passage would send it to the House.

The measure would make it legal for U.S. citizens 21 or older to carry concealed weapons in Arizona without permits now required.

Currently, carrying a concealed weapon in the state without a permit is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $2,500.

By eliminating the permit requirement, Arizonans no longer would have to undergo background checks and take training classes to carry hidden guns.

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-feeds/yahoo-news/Preliminary-approval-for-carrying-concealed-weapon-without-permit-88963872.html

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: CCW Without a Permit In Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »
IMO it comes back to the old adage that the only ones who follow the laws are the good guys. The bad guys carry guns without permits, so doing away with them wont hinder or help the crooks. Having said that I do imagine if the possesion of a permit makes it easier for the police to know that he is dealing with a law abiding citizen and not a criminal.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!