Author Topic: Quick question for all....  (Read 10025 times)

Dmax221

Quick question for all....
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »
Hello all, i am a newbie on here just reading around and what not... i just had a quick question... is there any age that will most likely be "denied" for the ccw permit... I am young, 22 years to be exact and i do not know of anyone of my age that has received a CCW permit.. I have a decent reasoning for carry and i have been into guns all my life. I currently own a sig226 9mm, s&w.357 mag L frame, bushmaster ar-15 , etc. etc. etc.. I have a very clean background, only one traffic violation "inattentive driving" (cop did not like my loud red GTO).. In other words im not a young kid looking to carry to look cool, i fully respect the rules and regulations of the CCW permit and need to protect my family and myself.... Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks head of time..... Dmax221

Spartacus

Re: Quick question for all....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
A judge should not deny you because of your age, he or she would need a better reason or you need to appeal.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »
Still waiting for mine... I won't panic until May.  ???
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
A judge should not deny you because of your age, he or she would need a better reason or you need to appeal.

Not to start an argument but since we are a "may issue" state the judge could deny on age alone.  Having said that I do know of a few people close to that age (24 and 25 ) that have their ccdw so I doubt it will be an issue.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Dmax221

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
sweet thanks all....

Hank

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
Hi everyone.
Everyone under the age of 21

Semper Fi all. Hank.   ;)

" Restore Freedon, Replace Congress "

" In God we trust, all others pay cash "