Author Topic: Carrying Sig  (Read 4634 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Carrying Sig
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »
Now carrying a Sig Sauer P232, which is a .380 caliber. It also has a Crimson Trace grip laser. Using a Concealco IWB holster.
Also thinking of buying a pocket holster, and maybe a day planner that holds a gun. Does anyone use either of these? If so, please offer your opinions.
Thanks all.
Lumspond
New Castle County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Carrying Sig
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
Sorry no experience with that gun.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »
I have two pocket holsters for my J-frame: an Uncle Mike's which works well in pants pockets, and a DeSantis that keeps the gun upright in flat-bottomed jacket pockets.
I am hesitant to get a day planner holster for my Glock, just because of the possibility of leaving it behind... or having people notice that I'm way too attached to it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:23:55 AM »
I would stay away from the day planner holster idea...   as a woman, I'm finding it hard to carry concealed while still being able to wear fashionable clothing, or simply carrying in warmer weather while I dont look like the freaking Michelin woman! Thus, I'm forced to carry in my purse a great deal of the time (although I do LOVE my Super Tuck holster!).  I cant tell you how annoying this is for me.  Not only is it a pain in the rear end to try and keep someone from seeing the @@@@ thing while I get my wallet out, etc.  But I cant set my purse down for one second just on the off chance that someone swipes it, etc.  Think about having to hold that day planner 100% of the time.  I'd try to find a nice pocket holster or some other holster that will work for you. 

Just my two cents,

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
I agree with Moosie, Would be a PITA to carry around one of those things all the time.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:27 PM »
Thanks oldgreygeek. I love the uncle mikes pocket holster.
Cheers
Lumspond
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:45:01 AM »
Glad I could help.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon